If You Like Animals This Is Cool

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I wonder how they did this video ..... the photography is spectacular ..... enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBEyCr5AoIs

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I wonder how they did this video ..... the photography is spectacular ..... enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBEyCr5AoIs

Outstanding high speed recording, which can be played back in slow motion HD.  I also wonder how they pre-stage

the many cameras to capture his escape from a flying predator.  Thanks Marine!

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
 I also wonder how they pre-stage the many cameras to capture his escape from a flying predator.

Jake, I hope that was tongue-in-cheek!   :)

I love nature videos like this and I like watching them on National Geographic and Discovery channels, when they are not showing one of their many reality shows, such as "Amish Mafia River Monsters meet the Real Housewives of Riverside"!   :hystery:

However, being a realist I know that they are heavily edited and staged.  In the real world, to see that sequence live would be a 1 in a million chance.  To get it on film would be a one in a billion.  It does take fantastic movie making skills to make them and I envy those who make a living at it.

I really liked the shot where the squirrel had the GoPro Hero strapped to it's head and was running on the forest floor.  The shots inside the leaves/nest and inside the tree were good too.

If you want to see a real squirrel doing his thing, check this one out:

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Love those flying squirrels, needs to be taught how to straf and divebomb. 

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I love nature videos like this and I like watching them on National Geographic and Discovery channels, when they are not showing one of their many reality shows, such as "Amish Mafia River Monsters meet the Real Housewives of Riverside"!

Thank god .... I thought I was the only one bitching about all the crap they are now showing on what used to be my favorite 2 channels .... you know I never knew they had a Amish Mafia (and I could go on and on about the other crap shows) ..... they need to get ride of most of this crap and get back to the basics .... JMHO

:cheersty:

• Like 1