Where Are Good Police?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's a retired (?) good police boss in Manila, who I have forgot the name of. He has tried hard to fight organiced crime assassins, so they have put a high price on his head, but he go on fighting them anyway. He aim at geting a political power position high enough to give high priority to fight such crimes  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Where are there other GOOD police?

(I'm talking about them, who try to stop/solve very SERIOUS crimes, where it can be risky for the police themselves. (Murders, high positioned corruption...)

So we know where it can be better to settle   :)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Where are there other GOOD police? (I'm talking about them, who try to stop/solve very SERIOUS crimes, where it can be risky for the police themselves. (Murders, high positioned corruption...)   So we know where it can be better to settle  

Somehow Thomas, I just can't imagine, a Filipino, Eliot Ness.  :no:

post-2148-0-65492100-1399707086.jpg

But we can live in Hope that 1 day, they may find a new HERO, to Celebrate, on Hero's day.

Thomas, I feel, it will not, be in our life time though :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

Jake
Posted
Posted

Where are there other GOOD police? (I'm talking about them, who try to stop/solve very SERIOUS crimes, where it can be risky for the police themselves. (Murders, high positioned corruption...)   So we know where it can be better to settle  

Somehow Thomas, I just can't imagine, a Filipino, Eliot Ness.  :no:

attachicon.gifEliot Ness.jpg

But we can live in Hope that 1 day, they may find a new HERO, to Celebrate, on Hero's day.

Thomas, I feel, it will not, be in our life time though :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

As you may know Jack P, valiant crime busters can be a two way street.  For those senior PNP, NBI and other

government agents that gained notoriety of capturing the bad guys so quickly, some of them have a darkside.

Womanizer, gambler, protector of drug, jueteng, prostitution and blackmailer.  In most recent times, this photo

may fit that description: post-686-0-88553200-1399737918_thumb.jpg

However, first thing came to mind about cleaning up his city of Manila so quickly is Mayor Lim, considered to

be PI's Dirty Harry.  Sure, he abuses his power but I like the guy.

post-686-0-75594600-1399738286_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thomas,

I hate to tell you that good police when used in the Philippines is an oxymoron.  An oxymoron is two opposites used together.  I say this as plural because I believe there are some who really want to enforce the law and catch criminals and not just looking for a big pay off. Finding them is very hard to do. In my 4 1/2 years of living here I only know one.

In Mindanao where my wife is from they call all police crocodiles, so what does that tell you?

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Do you read the papers?

If a policeman is "blown away" by the roadside as he waits for his bus to work because the day before he arrested a known drug dealer then maybe their job here should be classified as "hazadous duty" Where i live, they won't even stop a 7 year old from riding a motorbike for fear of reprisal. Police in the Philippines seem to have a very short lifespan, how would you like to do their job?

In rural areas, perhaps some kind of rotational system of police officers could be worth trying,in other words, bring in officers from another part of the country for a few weeks only and then transfer them and replace with "new faces" on a continuous basis.Perhaps this may extend their lives somewhat.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I only know one.
Where is he?  :)
If a policeman is "blown away" by the roadside as he waits for his bus to work because the day before he arrested a known drug dealer then maybe their job here should be classified as "hazadous duty" Where i live, they won't even stop a 7 year old from riding a motorbike for fear of reprisal. Police in the Philippines seem to have a very short lifespan, how would you like to do their job?
Yes, I know. As the one I talk about in my start post, it's a high price on his head.  Good police have much to fight against, powerful corrupted politicans too. 

But I hope there is a few exceptions somewhere local   :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

The one I know is in Cebu. I believe he is honest and really wants to fight crime because of all the information he has shared with me concerning cases he has worked on including foreigners as suspects and him being very open to information concerning other criminal activity. He was a high ranking military officer and now works as a high ranking policeman.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
hate to tell you that good police when used in the Philippines is an oxymoron.

Right.

A good cop is one who stays bought. It's that simple.

She Who Must Be Obeyed wanted to become a policewoman until she saw what the police are like, at which point she dropped her criminology course for school teaching.

Remember, the Philippines is a well organised country - they put the little crooks into uniform, and the big ones in Government, so you can see where they are.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2