Taxis And Trikes In Bacolod And Iloilo

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

What is the price of a shared trike ride in each place? Do they have lots of trikes?

And how about taxi or habal habal availability ?

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

never been to iliolo, but  I think it is like iligan or Dumaguete, and whilst there are car taxis, they are not meter taxis. Bacolod is one of the few cities in the the Philippines where there are meter taxis. There are only four others outside Manila/NCR I know of. Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Zamboanga, and Cebu. I never took trikes in Bacolod but I found jeepneys very easy to use because the city is quite straightforward to navigate. Trike and jeepney fares do vary between cities but not by much. Like it is either 7, or 8 pesos per ride.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

What is the price of a shared trike ride in each place? Do they have lots of trikes?

And how about taxi or habal habal availability ?

I answered you in another post ..... :cheersty:

Here is the quote .......

Taxi price in the Phils is pretty well standard p40 to start and then so much per km .... don't remember the exact amount per km but if you have been to Cebu it is the same .... we have a SUV but when we do take a taxi here in Bacolod we can go just about anywhere p110 ..... SM to Robinsons is p70 ..... and like Cebu they will use the meter here just make sure they turn it on .... that goes for anywhere in the Phils .....

And in adding to your other post in a different thread there are plenty of jeepneys .... tricycles and pedicabs ..... very few habal-habal ..... not a popular form of transportation here .... as far as fares it kinda depends on distance for tricycles p5-15.... tricycles normally don't go out on the main roads and pedicabs are not allowed on most roads except in back streets ..... but if your a foreigner price of trikes and pedicabs is usually is what ever they can get away with ....

jeeps are like taxi's pretty much standardized with other Phil cities ....

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

What i liked in Butuan, Mindanao; the trikes go everywhere, and I would pay 20 for a ride hotel to bus terminal, if he picked up others on route. About 2.5 km. 30 if special trip, to pretty much anywhere in the city. That's good value.

How about iloilo??

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

car taxi meter fares are not uniform. But there is not a lot to choose between them. Flagfall is always 40, in Bacolod, Cebu, and Davao and even Manila. Except in in Zamboanga. It is 45 there. Tariff per km, and also waiting time tariff, also varies. I think it is Cebu city taxis that are the cheapest in the Philippines, but the difference is miniscule. Like 5 pesos difference on a 3km ride between what you would pay in Bacolod.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The fare starts at 35 pesos in Baguio. Taxis always charge the meter and the fare for rides within Baguio usually run between 50-80 pesos.

There are no tricycles in Baguio.

• Like 1

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

there is a site that supposedly shows Filipino meter taxi fares :

Baguio, 35 flagfall, 10 per km

http://www.numbeo.com/taxi-fare/city_result.jsp?country=Philippines&city=Baguio

Cebu, 40/10.50

http://www.numbeo.com/taxi-fare/city_result.jsp?country=Philippines&city=Cebu

Zamboanga 45/15

http://www.numbeo.com/taxi-fare/city_result.jsp?country=Philippines&city=Zamboanga

in the Philippines as a whole I think meter taxi fares are the lowest in south east Asia.