B.i. & Robinsons To Open Extension Offices/better Convenience

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

seems that the BI has made an agreement w/Robinson to Open other satellite offices

around the country to expand services, 

perhaps this will make the "visit" to the office a little more pleasant

my comment is. its a WIN WIN $ for both the mall &the BI

as when your at the mall. what will you do?$$$$

now the story

i have spaced the cities or malls so its more clear for the older readers

The Bureau of Immigration has partnered with Robinsons Land Corp. to open  extension offices in the retail chain’s malls.

BI Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison signed a memorandum of agreement with president and chief operating officer Frederick D. Go and Arlene MG. Magtibay, senior vice president and general manager.

“We appreciate the private sector’s support and participation in making our services available to to foreign nationals at the localities where they’re at,” Mison said.

“In this case, the Robinsons Malls frequented by foreign visitors will be the most ideal site for BI satellite offices.”

He commended Robinsons for offering the bureau spaces free of charge at the retail giant’s  28 branches throughout Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.

Mison said the opening of more BI satellite offices, thousands of alien nationals stand to benefit from the convenience of not having to travel all the way to the BI main offices in Intramuros, Manila.

The satellite offices will be piloted at

Robinsons Malls Lingkod-Pinoy Center of Robinsons Place Malabon City;

Luisita, Cainta, Rizal;

Sta. Rosa Market, Laguna;  :thumbsup:

Dasmariñas, Cavite;

and Roxas, Capiz.

Under the agreement, the BI extension offices will include Robinsons malls

in Mandaluyong, (forum was known as Pioneer)

Malabon,

Ortigas,(galleria)

Pasig,

Manila,(robinson manila near USembassy)

Quezon City, Cainta;

Central Luzon (Angeles City, San Fernando, Malolos, Tarlac);

North Luzon (Laoag, Calasiao, Isabela);

South Luzon (Laguna, Puerto Princesa, Cavite, Batangas);

Central Visayas (Cebu);

Western Visayas (Negros Occidental, Iloilo, Leyte, Capiz);

and  Mindanao (Cagayan de Oro, Butuan).

Mison said the use of the mall spaces will be available for immigration services,

including extension of temporary visitor’s visa;

issuance of emigration clearance certificate;

issuance of special work permit, provisional work permit and special study permit.

Other services to be offered in satellite offices include processing and payment of annual report; receiving of applications for change to or renewal of immigrant and non-immigrant visas;

and receiving of applications for dual citizenship, he said.

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2014/05/13/robinsons-to-host-immigration-kiosks/

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Good news indeed for those in more remote locations. The more I see about Siegfred the more I like; he's a realist.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I wonder if this means that the offices already in place will be closed or that these will be additional offices to the originals ..... it sure makes a lot more sense to me to have them in the mall .....  :thumbsup:  ...... I hope by saying Negros Occidental they mean Bacolod .... :dance: 

:cheersty:  

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
I hope by saying Negros Occidental they mean Bacolod .

Makes a lot of sense to put it there given it's the capital Mike.  As the crow flies Bacolod is closer to us too but getting over the mountain slows it down so Dumaguete is a faster trip. Besides, Short Angry One reckons they speak funny in Occidental  :hystery:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I hope by saying Negros Occidental they mean Bacolod .

Makes a lot of sense to put it there given it's the capital Mike.  As the crow flies Bacolod is closer to us too but getting over the mountain slows it down so Dumaguete is a faster trip. Besides, Short Angry One reckons they speak funny in Occidental  :hystery:

I travel from Dalaguete Cebu to Dumnagute on Negros as it is easier than going to Cebu city to do it.I was in Negros yesterday and it took 10 minuets to complete although you have to go back later to pick it up.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
I was in Negros yesterday and it took 10 minuets to complete although you have to go back later to pick it up.

There's worse places to be stuck than Dumaguete for the the day :cheers:

• Like 1

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

Good news indeed for those in more remote locations.

does it really make much of a difference. Wherever there is a Robinson's mall, anywhere in the Philippines, there is also going to be a BoI office there anyway. Some cities, like Iligan (population : 330,000) do not have a Robinson's mall. However, they do have a BoI office where you can get an extension now as it is, in a very short waiting time. If you are out in the sticks somewhere, it will make almost no difference. Getting an extension at the Bacolod BoI office takes 10 minutes or less anyway now, as it is. So what, if you can now get an extension done now at the Robinson's 2km away. If you are in Sipalay, both of them are still 165km away.

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

if it was Gaisanos, and not Robinsons, that had announced that they were intending to open up BoI offices, then that would make quite a big difference, as there are many more Gaisanos in the Philippines, than there are Robinsons. I can think of four towns in Cebu alone, without even trying (i.e. Carcar, Dumanjug, Toledo, and Bogo) that have Gaisanos, but no BoI office. I'm struggling to think of ANYWHERE where there is a Robinsons, but no BoI office.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The Robinson's in Iloilo already has PhilHealth, LTO, Post Office, OFW office, Social Security... it is a great service.  I would be very happy to see BI there as well.

• Like 2