Just Another Ho Hum Day In The Philippines

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thought you might enjoy these pictures I gleaned from various net places ..... the last ones however are 3 that I took while driving in Cebu City ..... ya gots to admit when it comes to transportation Filipinos are ingenious ..... :tiphat:  :hystery:  :hystery: 

post-11-0-14079500-1400296318_thumb.jpg ............ Have ref ... will travel ... post-11-0-57334600-1400296367_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-94096800-1400296408_thumb.jpg ............post-11-0-89476700-1400296444_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-87997200-1400296480_thumb.jpg ...... ingenious hubal-hubal owner .... post-11-0-40018200-1400296509_thumb.jpg

Here's one of those vans for hire everyone talks about .... who's hanging out the door ... post-11-0-82718400-1400296717_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-49418200-1400296866_thumb.jpg ........ post-11-0-09949200-1400296933_thumb.jpg

Now here is the ones we took in Cebu .... there were also 4 adults in the front seat ..... post-11-0-12863700-1400297183_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-83984000-1400297050_thumb.jpg ....... post-11-0-77493100-1400297098_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-36494200-1400297148_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mike S, I will give you the benefit of a doubt but I almost had to call fake on the dump truck.....there is way to much tread on the tires for any truck I've seen in the RP. :mocking:

Edited by robert k
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Mike S, I will give you the benefit of a doubt but I almost had to call fake on the dump truck.....there is way to much tread on the tires for any truck I've seen in the RP. :mocking:

The people in the dump truck don't look Filipino to me ?

• Like 2

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

those motors in the photos aren't even that full. They are only 5 people on one of the bikes, and 6 on the other one, and one of the 6, is a child.

my best was 8, spotted as a passenger on a bus approaching Malaybalay, Bukidnon. That was a motor with a specially extended seat, and none of them were children. It looked like a worker's agricultural transport. I have even been one of 7 people on a motorcycle myself, although i was not driving it - you will almost never see me criticising Filipino drivers' ability. I would have no hope, of driving a motorcycle with 6 passengers on it, and i know it.

it was dead funny actually. 6 of us were just about to set off, which i thought was plenty enough already, when at the very last second, somebody else got on and crouched down in front of the driver. And down the mountain for 14km we all of us went.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

These people make me crazy with the way they ride on different modes of transport. I wonder sometimes if pictures were posted in regards to the accidents that happen when they ride like this, if they would still do it. :)

Mike S
Posted
Posted

The people in the dump truck don't look Filipino to me ?

My asawa says they look like Aetas from Pampanga ..... I do agree about the tread on the tires .... not sure just where the picture was taken got it else where

:cheersty:

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

These people make me crazy with the way they ride on different modes of transport. I wonder sometimes if pictures were posted in regards to the accidents that happen when they ride like this, if they would still do it. :)

they have to do it, to live. Obviously they must get from place to place.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

They're not all on vacation? Posing for tourist's pictures?

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

That is my point. They are not living, they are dying in the process. Especially children.