First Day In Bohol

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Technically I arrived last night, but now in Tagbilaran. Lots of foreigners here. And the BQ mall where I am now feels very busy for a weekday. Feels like a weekend.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

welcome to Tagbilaran/bohol

please share w/the forum the experiences that you have there, (well NOT all. :nudie: )

so that I & other's will know what to expect when we visit there,

hope that your stay is safe & productive :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Summer in the Phil. Malls are free and with aircon...look close and you ll see families eating food from home in the food court...heh heh,,,,their version of a public park...smart I say

• Like 2

the_whipster
Posted
Posted (edited)

have not been to Bohol since 2007. Was all set to go again, in December when I fell off a motorbike in Moalboal and fractured my shoulder. And so I could not ride a motorbike again, for a month. Which meant I cancelled the Bohol idea for now because I would not consider Bohol, especially Panglao, without a motorbike. But I think I will make it my initial point of entry to the Visayas next time I fly in, from Manila.

it must have changed a lot in that time. There were certainly very few foreigners around then, away from the Panglao orbit. I spent quite a bit of time in Jagna that year, working my way through a series of assignments around there, few of whom had ever been close up to a foreigner before. Tagbilaran may be the largest city on the island and its capital, but it is still small. I think it is the smallest town in the Philippines, with a Mcdonalds.

Edited by the_whipster