Hope Homes Panglao Review

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Now, something about the name of the place made me think of it as a hippy commune. But it's not. At all. In fact, the air con rooms are finished to a high standard and cost 1,300 inc motorbike. The only problem is communication. This is a back road and Globe /smart data service is terrible. On top of that the hotel has no Wi-Fi unless you count the on-for-2 hours per night, 1989 speed smart bro.

The TV is good, good cable. Some German news channel unfortunately, however that's easily skipped. I havea feeling that's due to the owner being from the land of over salted sausage meat, one notable perk of staying here. Everything is well planned and put together.

• Like 1

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

more places should have room and bike type combos. As it is, not even all that many have ancillary motorbike hire on the premises, or close by. Which means it can not always be so straightforward to check in somewhere and then get a motorbike. It can take a bit time sometimes, to sort one out. Only unusually, have I had like room and bike in one price, and which I paid to the same guy. There is one place I know in Moalboal that does that. another was the Private Garden in Dumaguete when Dave had it.

I was all set to stay there in December however something came up and I had to cancel. They told me that there was wifi, but only in the common area, not in the rooms. I had been thinking of getting the Argao-Loon ferry over and driving there on my own bike, so I asked them how much was the room WITHOUT the bike. The reduction in price was not exactly impressive. Like 750, to 600.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I had been thinking of getting the Argao-Loon ferry over and driving there on my own bike, so I asked them how much was the room WITHOUT the bike.

There is no more Argao-Loon ferry. Since the earthquake and damage to the Loon port and area the route is Argao-Tagbilaran, at least as of 2 or 3 months ago. The last time I tried to use this route they had temporarily switched to cargo or vehicles only, no individual walk-ons. No telling what you will find there. 

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

there is a whole lot of post-typhoon and Bohol earthquake stuff that needs to be sorted out in detail. For example I asked a contact, what happened to the Bogo, Cebu to Villaba, Leyte ferry. They said yes, the existing boat got messed up like you suspected but they just got a new one, and the service is better, if anything than before.