Dipolog City Visit

David Hutchins
Posted
Posted

Hello, this is my first post. My wife's hometown is Dipolog City. We want an affordable place to live for four weeks in August 2014. We would rather not stay with relatives. I've researched online and found the usual spots. However, I am asking for some insider's knowledge for places not immediately apparent online. We want at least a one bedroom with a hot/cold shower and bathtub. We require safety, too. Nothing too dangerous. We require as well a means to cook our own meals, for example, a kitchenette. A bonus would be close to transportation and near access to a swimming pool and beach. Thank you so much.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello, this is my first post. My wife's hometown is Dipolog City. We want an affordable place to live for four weeks in August 2014. We would rather not stay with relatives. I've researched online and found the usual spots. However, I am asking for some insider's knowledge for places not immediately apparent online. We want at least a one bedroom with a hot/cold shower and bathtub. We require safety, too. Nothing too dangerous. We require as well a means to cook our own meals, for example, a kitchenette. A bonus would be close to transportation and near access to a swimming pool and beach. Thank you so much.

Hello David,

Dipolog City is considered the gateway of western Mindanao.  Give us a few days and hopefully

the members here will help you and your family out.  

Good luck to you sir -- respectfully, Jake

David Hutchins
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Jake. My wife and I are looking forward to our visit.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Jake. My wife and I are looking forward to our visit.

While you're waiting for some updated response to your concerns, please use our search box (upper right corner).

For example, I typed in "Dipolog City Mindanao" and got two pages of hit, just from this forum alone.  Make sure you

use the google site search (internal).

Welcome aboard sir!

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have met a few girls from Dipolog and chatted to them online. I dated a girl from there too. I notice different towns in the philippines have different traits. I personally find Mindanao girls to some of the nicest to have around, they have good manners etc.

I noticed, specific to Dipolog, girls have the least inhibitions when it comes to asking for stuff. There seems to be less shame/ more bold in asking (for food, treats, whatever) for Dipolog girls - that was merely my experience, so it could have been co-incidence.  None the less, still charming ladies.

Edited by sandwichmaker

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am asking for some insider's knowledge for places not immediately apparent online. We want at least a one bedroom with a hot/cold shower and bathtub.

And a reply of:

I have met a few girls from Dipolog and chatted to them online.

Although 'Dipolog is mentioned in the reply, it does not sound on topic to me.  Lately there have been too many threads that have gone from the topic to discussions of girls.  As one of the moderators here I ask:  Let us refrain from doing that.

• Like 3

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Bath tubs are very rare here

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

We want at least a one bedroom with a hot/cold shower and bathtub

It was pointed out that bath tubs are rare.  Here is how I solved that problem.  I took this picture to a local welder and had him make one up for me.  Cost 4,800 pesos and I took the measurements to be sure it fits in the shower area of my rental apartment.  It fills from the shower hot water hose and we empty it with a bucket but it sure feels good to soak in the tub after a strenuous day.

post-41-0-72497800-1400740587_thumb.jpg

David Hutchins
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for your replies. However, I am looking for a weekly rental or something of that nature in Dipolog City.