11 Coolest Towns In The Philippines

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Morning All,

Stumbled across an interesting article the other day after SAO told me she's going to stay with a cousin in Canlaon City to escape the heat in Guihulngan City for a month or so.  I'd never heard of it even though it's even closer to us in Guihulngan than even San Carlos so did a Google search.  The "Coolest" refers to temperature, not hipster cool.  Some I'd heard of, others I was clueless even of their existence.  I'm just providing it in case some want a cheaper alternatives to leaving the country to escape the heat this time of year.  Here it is:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/21/travel/philippines-coolest-towns/

Was going to post the full article but it's a little too long.

Enjoy 

Brett  :cheersty:

• Like 4

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

there is often a colonial redoubt that the colonials used, in the hot season to take a break in. In Malaysia the Brits used to leave KL and go to the Cameron Highlands, following the habit they developed in India to escape to the hills when it got too hot. The French, in Cambodia, in Kampot, similarly had the Bokor hill station. The American colonials also established their own hill station little more than a century ago, which has now turned into Baguio city.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Kor's parents come from Canlaon City; we have thought of settling there one day.

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Kor's parents come from Canlaon City; we have thought of settling there one day.

Methersgate,I have a good friend (Expat from Florida) who lives in Palaming-just outside Canlaon. He's known and liked by many there and knows the ins and outs-who's who, etc. He's a very accomodating and a real nice guy. If you ever want me to hook you up with him for more details, just let me know (PM) and I'll set it up. As a matter of facyt I will be visiting on my next trip over there.

Regards, Steve

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Methersgate,I have a good friend (Expat from Florida) who lives in Palaming-just outside Canlaon. He's known and liked by many there and knows the ins and outs-who's who, etc. He's a very accomodating and a real nice guy. If you ever want me to hook you up with him for more details, just let me know (PM) and I'll set it up. As a matter of facyt I will be visiting on my next trip over there.

Regards, Steve

That's extremely good of you; PM will be along shortly!

• Like 1

Miguk
Posted
Posted

Used to adore Baguio.  It has lost much of what made it charming (i.e. pine trees).  It is overcrowded and polluted just like so many other places have become.  Really a shame.

• Like 2