Cebu City Region Housing

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm hoping to relocate to the Philippines and will be in Cebu City between June 14-30.  Any recommendations on where I should look for 2-3 bd furnished condo/house to rent.  I'm using $2k USD/month as my cost of living guideline.

Thanks!

Andy

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I'm hoping to relocate to the Philippines and will be in Cebu City between June 14-30.  Any recommendations on where I should look for 2-3 bd furnished condo/house to rent.  I'm using $2k USD/month as my cost of living guideline.

Thanks!

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome, you will probably hear this from nearly everyone, but best to come here and look around, feet on the ground thing. I know my local sari-sari owner has 3 houses for rent, 2 in gated communities for around 15,000 pesos a month but they are on Mactan Island just off Cebu, also one of the guys at immigration here has a house, also in a gated community for the same price. I have a 2 b/room in a gated community for 8000 pesos unfurnished.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I'm using $2k USD/month as my cost of living guideline.

Not sure if you mean that is the part of your budget for accommodation or the whole budget.  If you can afford that much a month then you could actually buy one of the smaller townhouses with 'inhouse financing' over one year (in filipina's name of course)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you are interested in something in end of Metro Cebu, you can check if the most south resort (I have forgot the name) in Minglanilla have a house free now. Earlier they had a furnished house by the beach for rent for 8000p/month.  (I'm not sure if it belong to the resort, but they handled the renting.)

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hi Frosty,

Thanks for the welcome!  I forgot to mention I'll actually be in Cebu City between June 14-30, so I'll have my Filipina fiance go check out some of the properties first so I don't get the "rich foreigner" rate quoted ;)  She's from Leyte and went to university in Cebu City, so she knows some of the Visayan dialects.

Cheers,

Andy

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hi Dave,

Actually, I'm looking to work as expat and have been looking for job opportunities at US companies around the Cebu IT Park area.

I've been planning to live on $3k USD/month, $2k cost of living / $1k savings, so that I can retire before I die ;)

Thanks!

Andy

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the lead!  I'll be there in a couple of weeks, so I can check it out!

Andy

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hi Frosty,

Thanks for the welcome!  I forgot to mention I'll actually be in Cebu City between June 14-30, so I'll have my Filipina fiance go check out some of the properties first so I don't get the "rich foreigner" rate quoted ;)  She's from Leyte and went to university in Cebu City, so she knows some of the Visayan dialects.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy, if your girl is filipina all the better for you, just let her do all the negotiating and you just sit in a bar some where :dance: . The lady that owns the 3 houses is an ex lawyer ( actually she is in Canada now ) and is straight as they come, but anything here is up for a bit of barter. If you want the numbers just let me know and I will PM you, good luck.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Andy, if your girl is filipina all the better for you, just let her do all the negotiating
Yes, but look up so she don't get an appartment/house big enough for a Filipin, but not enough space for a tall foreigner. Not fun if not geting enough space for your feet inside your bedroom   :lol:
  • Like 2