Long Term Rental. Best Bang For Buck?

usa32
Posted
Posted

What's the best place to look at, for long term rentals of say a year.

My needs are 3 bedrooms,  one for maid, one for me, and one as an extra.

I would like to be somewhat close to cebu or one of the major cities.

I am in the beginning stages of moving to phillipines atleast on a short term basis

Step 1 finding where to live.

I also want it to be safe for americans, and good for finding woman.

Any tips?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My current plan is to move to the suburbs near Cebu, cheaper which is good but not necessary, cleaner and less congested which I highly prize. I would recommend you not settle right away, take a month or more before you sign a contract on some place, check different areas throughly, day and night. Welcome to the forum.

As usual Robert, spot on and well written  :thumbsup:

:tiphat:

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Go slow rent at resorts until you find where you want to settle

I hate the city but everyone is different

South of cebu in the province is better than north IMO better Beach's better traffic more shopping

As for finding girls this is the Philippines if you can't find a girl your hopeless finding a good one

is a lot harder

Safety on Cebu is pretty good do not drink with the local guys and you will be fine

If your hair on the back of. Your neck stands up trust your instincts do not gamble or drink with the locals and be wary of people you just met expats included

Cebu is friendly get your feet on the ground and meet people take all the advice you can get and decide for yourself what will work in your case

Good luck

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
davewe
Posted
Posted

What's the best place to look at, for long term rentals of say a year.

My needs are 3 bedrooms,  one for maid, one for me, and one as an extra.

I would like to be somewhat close to cebu or one of the major cities.

I am in the beginning stages of moving to phillipines atleast on a short term basis

Step 1 finding where to live.

I also want it to be safe for americans, and good for finding woman.

Any tips?

I wouldn't call a year long term. Many leases are for that length. But you might actually shoot for a shorter term lease, in case you don't like the place, your neighbors, etc. You can always extend. I also agree that renting in an inexpensive hotel until you have chosen your area is a good strategy.

Safety is partly based on the neighborhood but mostly based on you and your actions. It depends on how risky or risk-adverse your lifestyle is. I think you can be fairly safe in the Philippines but if you walk around downtown Manila (or even Cebu) in the middle of the night, you might have problems.

A place good for finding women in the Philippines? Hell, you don't even have to leave the airport for that! The first time my buddy landed in Manila the immigration lady stamped his passport, looked him up and down and said, 'Welcome to the Philippines, Mr. Guapo." So finding is easy; as others have said, finding a good one is a little more challenging.

• Like 3