Thanks Mike B

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well it appears that Globe is making changes again so I took your advise and downloaded a VIN .... chose Hotspot Shield Free ...... couple that with Ad Block on FireFox and it works pretty good .... no adds and it definitely let me get back on the forum ..... and also puts Fox News back on my home page ......... :thumbs-up-smile: :AddEmoticons04230:

:cheersty:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Mike, not sure which topic you were referring to, but it caught my eye because of the reference to Globe.

I think I am finally going to get Globe DSL in the next few days.  I'm going to revive another thread on that, if you could give me your thought there.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

For what its worth have globe dsl and phone,,,pretty happy with it

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Mike, not sure which topic you were referring to, but it caught my eye because of the reference to Globe.

I think I am finally going to get Globe DSL in the next few days.  I'm going to revive another thread on that, if you could give me your thought there.

What I was referring to is the fact that Globe is doing some changes to their system and I couldn't log in to the forum for 2 days ..... but after MikeB mentioned about using a VPN ..... (yea I know I called it a VIN in the post above .... brain fart I guess :rolleyes: ) anyway it worked .....

When I first arrived here in the Phils I had PLDT but after 1 year (the length of the contract) I dropped them because of the constant trouble with their service and the total lack of support from their main office in Cebu or tech service .... so I tried Globe and have had them for going on 6 years .... first of all I find their service much more reliable (except when they are doing up grades to their system like they are now) and I have never had but great service from their many offices ... both here and in Cebu .... and their tech department seems much more helpful ..... just what ever you do DON'T call Manila for help or to report a problem .... deal with your local office ..... you can't deal with Manila as they know they are to far away and don't give a crap ....

We tried that twice and got some of the most outrageous tales as to why we had no service that you can imagine .... so after a month I got tired of the crap and went to the local office in Cebu ..... the woman got very upset and asked why we didn't go to her instead of Manila .... she said she would send someone out the next day .... and by 12:00pm it was fixed .... the problem was the last person to open the main box on th pole forgot to shut it and the rain shorted out out our connection ..... BUT they credited me for the lost month of service ....

All in all I am very satisfied with their product .... I have the 2Mbps with land line for p1300 per month ..... but like everything else here your mileage may very ...... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty: