Ecc In Cebu

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I live in Iloilo and just found out that I cannot get my Exit Clearance in Iloilo.  They said I can go to Kalibo but they only do it on Fridays.  I plan on flying out of Cebu (in September) and was wondering if anyone knows when they do the ECC's.  The Iloilo office did not not know.   Also how long does it take?  I have heard about 2 hours.  Does that sound right?

And I have no idea what part of town BI is in.  All I know of Cebu is Ayala mall, Waterfront hotel, and Mango.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I live in Iloilo and just found out that I cannot get my Exit Clearance in Iloilo.  They said I can go to Kalibo but they only do it on Fridays.  I plan on flying out of Cebu (in September) and was wondering if anyone knows when they do the ECC's.  The Iloilo office did not not know.   Also how long does it take?  I have heard about 2 hours.  Does that sound right?

And I have no idea what part of town BI is in.  All I know of Cebu is Ayala mall, Waterfront hotel, and Mango.

I know the regular office is on Burgos St Mandaue but may be closed temp for repairs. I forgot where the new one is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

On their Facebook page they announced that they moved to 2nd Level J Centre Mall, A.S. Fortuna St., Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu. (I don't know where that is but I bet cabbies do).

I was wondering do they issue ECC's on only certain days or all the time?  What time frame do I need to work with.  Should I arrive 1 day before my flight or more?  I don't want to spend too much extra time in Cebu because I am cheap ha ha.  But i have to make sure I can get the ECC in time.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

This from the BI web site:

When should I apply for an ECC?

A foreign national may apply for an ECC at least 72 hours prior to his/her departure from the Philippines.

Does the ECC have validity? Will I be able to use this multiple times?
The ECC is valid for one (1) month from the date of issue, however, you may only use this once regardless of its validity.

This does not mean that you cannot get the ECC the day before you fly, just that you are taking a risk.

Edit:  When I last applied in Cebu I got my ECC on a Monday, flew to Clark and partied until Friday, when I left the country.  It was no problem.  But that was at the Mandaue office and since then i have heard it is available at the J Mall location.  It only took 2 hours for me to get it at the old location.  Its all new to all of us at the new J Mall location.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

well it looks like I get 3 days of partying in Cebu then...  Kind of a solo honeymoon...  :tiphat:

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I got mine last August (2013) ... it took 40 minutes in Cebu.  Low tourist traffic then, so probably a bit longer now???  There was no specific day, they just said it had to be within 30 days of flying. 

:tiphat:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I got mine last August (2013) ... it took 40 minutes in Cebu.  Low tourist traffic then, so probably a bit longer now???  There was no specific day, they just said it had to be within 30 days of flying. 

Even though the ECC is valid for 30 days, when I got an ECC in Baguio they declined to give me one 28 days before my travel date and said it should be obtained 1 to 2 weeks before you travel.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Even though the ECC is valid for 30 days, when I got an ECC in Baguio they declined to give me one 28 days before my travel date and said it should be obtained 1 to 2 weeks before you travel.

Yes I had to get mine 14 days before travelling and it took just under an hour at Mandaue/Cebu city

• Like 2