Any Ideas, Where International Students Could Stay For A Few Months?

Renata
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I'm coming this month to do my fieldwork in Cebu City. Any suggestions where 3 international students could stay for two months? Is there any students residence in Cebu? :)

We have contacted Strawberry residences, but no empty rooms for june-august.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some private high schools and colleges rent dormitory rooms during the summer month. Unfortunately, the summer months in the Philippines are different.

Try contacting one of the church based organizations. They sometimes have rooms for visitors and volunteers who visit the Philippines.

Since there are only three of you, there might be a family willing to provide room and board. They will use room(s) of their college age children who are away. Best thing to do is post notices in forums and bulletin boards similar to this one.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

You can rent a two bedroom condo type apt at Metro Park Hotel in Lahug, about 38000 all inclusive, Master has queen bed, other room has 2 singles. Monthly rental no problem

• Like 1

Renata
Posted
Posted

Thank you for all advices! :) Still keep on looking, but I've think we're going to rent something, when we arrive :)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I'm coming this month to do my fieldwork in Cebu City. Any suggestions where 3 international students could stay for two months? Is there any students residence in Cebu? :)

We have contacted Strawberry residences, but no empty rooms for june-august.

You haven't told your country of birth, but I guess you don't want to live in a common Filipin dormitary   = squezzed in as many bunkbeds as possibible   :)    so e g in one such it's 20 students in a space similar to what I have for myself...

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What Thomas didn't say was that a lot of the dormitories also have private rooms...   Much cheaper, often can set up for a month or two, and easy to find...   Just look near the universities.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

If you are willing to pay Strawberry rates, you might want to consider Holiday Spa Hotel. It is pretty central being in Banilad. There is good internet in the rooms, with large study desks as well. I stay there often, and have noticed lots of students staying there if they are only going to be in Cebu a few months.

• Like 1