Australian Military Speak

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Love  that Brett them there flyboys and gals don't know what there missing. :1 (103):

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Being a former Zoomie, I can honestly say that we only got a little tipsy after a keg of beer or two so that is true.  In fact much of it was true...  I remember when my captain - you know...  Tommy?  Ah, well, that's another story.  Here in Canada we are all one service working together and I did a lot of yachting with the Fishies...   I was always amazed that anything over a sea state of 4 put them all in their pretty little racks...  Just more beer for us Zoomies!  And since there's only 2 beer on board for each man per day, we really like when the fishies had their rack time...  I did a couple years in Germany too.   It still wasn't quite my cup of home brew as it was more of an Grunt base...  But it was fun as we go to run around in these green pajamas a couple times a month and yell "Bang!  You're dead!" because some Pongo forgot the blanks in the kits for the air field again...  I gotta admit....  It was always embarrassing...  The army side always got killed off within the first couple hours, the BDF an hour later...  That left us guys on the air field to once again become a SWAT Team and take out the terrorists before the barbecues ran out of charcoal at dinner.  If we were lucky, we got shot early in the exercise and went to the Curling Club, er, I mean the Temporary Morgue where we could get a beer before going back out to play Silly Bugger...  What a life!!!

:tiphat:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :mocking:

Just want to add...  All the above is just in fun!  That really was what it was like a lot of the time for me though...  And where I learned the most important lesson in life...  If you get mad at somebody, then go have a beer together...  Life is so much better that way!

Edited by I am bob
Cause I"m a dummy
  • Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a recruiting poster for the Air Force. Besides, why walk when you can fly? Why swim when you can fly?

• Like 3