Another Visit

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

I'll be visiting the Philippines again (3rd time) next week just for 18 days.

I'm traveling with a mate from work. He's made all the reservations (flights, hotels)

and I've let him. ( he likes to do it) I'm afraid I have a bit of a laissez-faire attitude

to traveling. I just turn up and accept what's available.

I would have liked to visit Baguio but not possible this time round. Maybe another time.

We'll be going to Manila, Bacolod, Iloilo, Davao and Gen San City before returning to Manila

then home. I haven't spent any time in any of these places, so  should be an eye opener.

I'll try to do a "Bootson" when I get back and post in the 'Where have you been ?' section.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

have fun.........fyi rainy season was declared yesterday :cheersty:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

That is a lot of travelling in that amount of time!  Take some time to relax!

I would like to go to Gen San because I have seen some beautiful pictures of the area, but it is not worth the extra risk, IMHO.  I know many have said there are a lot of great and friendly people there, but those are not the ones to worry about.  Even if it only increases the risk of a problem from 1 in a million to 1 in 500,000, it is not worth it to me.  Again, this may only be my personal perception, but, I would not go there.  I'm sure there are other opinions.

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

have fun.........fyi rainy season was declared yesterday :cheersty:

Yeah, I know about the rain. Actually it's the rainy season here in Perth too. And it's bloody cold !

That is a lot of travelling in that amount of time!  Take some time to relax!

I would like to go to Gen San because I have seen some beautiful pictures of the area, but it is not worth the extra risk, IMHO.  I know many have said there are a lot of great and friendly people there, but those are not the ones to worry about.  Even if it only increases the risk of a problem from 1 in a million to 1 in 500,000, it is not worth it to me.  Again, this may only be my personal perception, but, I would not go there.  I'm sure there are other opinions.

We'll be spending only a couple of days in each.

You know, without saying too much,  I work with extremely violent and aggressive people. A day at work is a very

risky business. Not a week goes by without one or more of my colleagues getting hurt. I have worked here for over 

ten years so I haven't escaped my share. Fortunately without any lasting damage. I and my colleagues are aware of 

the potential for unpredictable aggression all the time, but one can't stay in a state of tension for 8hrs. When it happens

we deal with it then  quickly return to a more relaxed state.

I guess I'll feel the same in Gen San (and probably everywhere I'm not familiar with)

If I get hurt or even killed, whatever will be, will be.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Mr Dry, I love that attitude!

Can anybody tell me, now that the changes have taken place, just how dangerous General Santos City is now?  I know some people who have lived there and would head back there again but aren't sure just how much things have changed in the last year or so...

:89:

• Like 1