House Building New Orleans Rebuilding Technique

Thomas
Posted
Posted

TV show speedy rebuilding of parts of New Orleans.

Claim to

/manage 100 m/s direct hit winds,

/cheaper* and better issolated than common houses (one of them was 20 %).

/Very fast to build, one level in around one day (not counting the finnish surface).

*But then I suppouse they compare with houses made by builders with AMERICAN salaries.

What I saw concerning the building method:

/Strong steel frames (triangle shapes)

/Walls with rather strong nets with only thick frigolite (good for issolation) in between.  The INNER floor/roof between levels are such material too.

/Walls and inner roof put together with a lot of strong steel threads.

Then the TV program left, not even showing a ready house!!!  so I don't know anything more  :(

Anyone knowing anything more about this building method?

Would it suit to build ONE house with such method in Phils?      (E g are such wall material available in Phils for interesting prices?)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I didn't see that one myself but if you keep bombarding YouTube with searches, it will turn up eventually.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 3 while rubbing 2 monkeys together until they create enough smoke to send signals.

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

I didn't see that one myself but if you keep bombarding YouTube with searches, it will turn up eventually.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 3 while rubbing 2 monkeys together until they create enough smoke to send signals.

The TV program didn't show it compleete, so I thought perhaps some forum member American have seen it in place  :)

And I need to know anyway, if such material are available in Phils.

Edited by Thomas

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We drove through New Orleans. The scars from Katrina are still there. Homes and buildings remain boarded up. I can just imagine how long it will take to rebuilt Leyte.