Insulated Concrete Forms Construction

tomaw
Posted
Posted

Has anyone built a house using this type of construction? See link below:

http://sibonga.com/construction-blog/?page_id=30

I'd like to know the pros and cons of such construction if anyone has had experience with it. Also if anyone knows anything about the company in the link. Thanks.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

That building process may be a good choice for the hot Philippines however the little information in the advertisement was useless. Perhaps you could find a contractor in the LA area who could explain just what the facts are?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I too am very interested in this type of construction. A long time ago I asked if anyone here (I think it was here, but could have been that other place) was familiar with Sibonga Construction but I didn't get much for replies. Only one guy who wrote that he thought it was a good outfit. Next trip to Cebu I want to do some research- visit their office and see some of their projects, both underway and completed. Wanted to do that last visit but the 10/15/2013 earthquake intervened.

For more than 3 years I've had a Google News alert set up for "sibonga". During that time there has been no news about Sibonga Construction, only for the municipality named Sibonga south of Cebu City.

brock
Posted
Posted

Their is a firm in the Philippines that makes prefabricated houses

• 3 months later...
happypig2000
Posted
Posted

unless you can find them in RP you would have to import, they are very light, just styro foam, but bulky.  you could actually get the same benefit much more easily by doing poured conc walls with foam sandwich, this is a better method because the foam stops heat transfer at the critical point. also no need for outside or inside facing to cover the foam, when using a non traditional building system in RP it is important to make a good contact in city hall, let them know what you are doing and get your project signed off by the engineer. other than that you can pretty much build any type of structure you want

Americano
Posted
Posted

Where can you get the foam to make a sandwich wall?

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Check alibabba, and my spelling, they have them price at port you pick up

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Mickey
Posted
Posted

I just finished a ferrocement house ..covered the outside with one inch styrufoam...works great sun and heat is reflected off and

Stays cool inside..

Put 1/2 chicken wire over the foam and thin coat of cement plaster..use Sahara in the cement for water proofing ..

• Like 2