Visa & Return Flight Requirements For A Filipina Leaving Pi

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

I'm in the process of organising, well already have lodged and now waiting for approval of a prospective marriage and a second tourist visa to Australia for my girl.

We expect that the tourist visa to be granted more or less within days/weeks as this is her second time applying.

The prospective marriage visa (applied for in late March) could take anywhere up to 5-6 months from now before it is approved, hence why we applied for the tourist visa last week so we can get some pre-marital practice in to make the wedding night perfect wink wink.

On a side note, the medical for the prospective marriage visa was completed last week also.

My question is to those that have done this before or have knowledge of such is, when my girl leaves Manila on her 3 month tourist visa, will she need to show a return ticket at the Manila airport? She is nervous as she says that immigration will demand of her that she has a return ticket ...

I thought seeing she has also applied for a prospective marriage visa, maybe this isn't so necessary, especially seeing once the prospective marriage visa is granted, potentially she may never return to phils anyway!

I guess I am trying to be a cheap ass and not wanting to buy the Phil/AU return ticket as she will be able to do a cheaper visa run to break the tourist visa and trigger the prospective marriage visa to Singapore, New Zealand etc as she only has to be out of the country (AU) when the prospective marriage visa is granted but this doesn't mean she has to be in Phils.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I thought seeing she has also applied for a prospective marriage visa, maybe this isn't so necessary, especially seeing once the prospective marriage visa is granted, potentially she may never return to phils anyway!

I think in the view of any immigration matter an application wont be consider anything more than that until it is granted. 

This is what immigration say

What are the requirements for a Filipino citizen to travel abroad?

At a minimum, a traveler intending to go abroad shall be required to present a passport valid for at least six (6) months, visa when required and a round trip ticket during the primary inspection. 

• Like 1

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jollygood, thats the info I was after ... not what I want to happen, but have to work our way around that I guess.

I guess we could show a cheap throw away return ticket Singapore into Manila or similar as she leaves. This would allow her to get out of Phils. Then hopefully while she is in AU and her prospective marriage visa is granted she can do a border run out of AU for a day or so to Singapore, Fiji or the like, then back to into AU.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Then hopefully while she is in AU and her prospective marriage visa is granted she can do a border run out of AU for a day or so to Singapore, Fiji or the like, then back to into AU.

But wont her passport show that at the time of approval she was still in Australia?  

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Yer that bit i don't fully understand, yet.

I'm sort of under the impression that even tho it states she has to be outside AU at the time of lodgement and granting, they may check with you or actually know she is in AU and if it is about to be granted they tell you so and tell you to get out of AU for them to finalise and grant it ...

Now that's just a conversation I had with someone that gave me that impression as that is what they did. But as it turned out, their tourist visa expired before the prospective marriage was granted and they were already back in Phils!

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Their website is probably the most unintuitive and confusing that I've ever seen with relation to this, or any other matter come to think of it.  DIBP (formally DIAC) that is.  The interesting thing is that Australian Immigration doesn't require an exit ticket upon arrival in Australia on a tourist visa but some airlines still insist you have one at your point of origin before you can board; best to err on the side of caution?  As for the spousal visa issue, I'm clueless there sorry. Just call them mate, that'll clear up any confusion.