Best Way To Get From Hk To Cagayan De Oro

Trebek
Posted
Posted

My usual booking service (Ctrip) can get me to Manila only.   To get to Cagayan do I fly or take ferry?  If fly,  who should I book the tickets with?   I prefer to use paypal or cash in hand.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.  Is Cagayan a nice place,  I know nothing about it..

jon1
Posted
Posted

I would fly. A ferry is the wrong answer this time of year (typhoon season). There are usually flights from Manila to CDO every day on Philippine Airlines. I would also look at Cebu Pacific too.

CDO seemed to be alright to me when I passed thru there last year. It was congested with vehicles. This is a nice writeup of things to do there http://wikitravel.org/en/Cagayan_de_Oro

• Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

From Manila you will want to fly.  The ferry would take about 36 hours.  Flight is 1.5 or less.

I have only used Cebu Pacific.... You can see online what they offer as payment options.  I only used a credit card or bought in the local ticket office in cash.  If you plan far enough ahead the promo fares are available (far right column prices).

The CDO airport is a long way from the town now so expect a relatively expensive taxi ride (guessing 700?) or take a shuttle to save a little.  They have options there but I have not used the new airport so cannot advise further.

Cagayan de Oro seems a nice place to me, but I have only been a couple a places there.  The old airport, immigration, couple malls, 1 home is all I've seen.  Out of 5 taxi rides only one took the long way around to run up the meter.  My wife has been there frequently when growing up and likes it.

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Cebu Pacific is usually the cheapest to fly Man to CDO. Dont buy your tickets last minute as the price can sky rocket ( 2 days or more in advance ) is good.     take a shuttle ( 45 minutes ) from Airport to City ( 200 pesos ). Taxi is 7 or 800 but faster. Of course every one takes cash.

• Like 1