Foreigners Living Outside Philippines With Filipina Wife How.....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Members living in your home country's with a Filipina wife how long did it take you to meet Miss right?

How did that work out, did you visit Philippines meeting a few ladies or just one?

What length of time did you and your girl spend together before you got married and or she arrived inher new home?

What is your story?

My wife and I met in 1998 in Cebu. We had corresponded a little bit (post office and letters!) we met for six days the last part of my two week vacation diving in Luzon. I had met a coworkers Filipina wife's family member first. When I first saw her at a distance I thought she is so small! I also knew this was a significant moment in my life. During the last hours before my departure my wife was very emotional but in a contained mature way. I bet others have had moments like this?

I soon returned for a short two week visit. A short time after getting home from that trip I proposed on the phone. Twenty days face to face total.

Not long after I flew back for three weeks, we got married. It took well over a year for her to arrive in the States. During that time my son and I visited for two weeks.

Once she arrived it took all of about six weeks for her to get knocked up!

We had some ups and downs at first mostly caused by her temper and using Tampo. About ten years ago my wife quit that game and our marriage gets stronger every day. She is my life and means everything to me.

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

In my case I am superbly qualified to answer this as I have married and divorced one Filipina lady and am about to marry another, so I have loads of experience! :lol:

In the first case, about three years of fairly regular visits and weekly ten minute phone calls from and IDD shop in the plaza. This was when the Interthing was just a gleam in Tim Berners-Lee's eye, of course.

In the second case twenty years later, four hours, ten minutes*, followed by a ten day holiday to make sure after three months.. 

*That was the length of time we had in each others' company; the next day I boarded a plane to HK and by the time I got off the connecting service in London 20 odd hours later I knew I was, to my own surprise, in love.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

In my case I am superbly qualified to answer this as I have married and divorced one Filipina lady and am about to marry another, so I have loads of experience! :lol:

In the first case, about three years of fairly regular visits and weekly ten minute phone calls from and IDD shop in the plaza. This was when the Interthing was just a gleam in Tim Berners-Lee's eye, of course.

In the second case twenty years later, four hours, ten minutes*, followed by a ten day holiday to make sure after three months.. 

*That was the length of time we had in each others' company; the next day I boarded a plane to HK and by the time I got off the connecting service in London 20 odd hours later I knew I was, to my own surprise, in love.

In my personal experience, I couldn't eat, sleep or walk without thinking of her each and every second.

In my case, it's that love-lust bug that bit me, especially when I have been suffering from lackofnooky

for awhile......he, he.  

DOM forever -- Jake

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hmm......bery interesting questions Dan.  Here is one of my comments regarding this matter:

I believe for those who are able to travel abroad for fiance visa are experiencing cultural shock anyway and have

no allies (other Filipinas) to comfort them initially.  But when they get comfortable with their new surroundings and

new friends, the honeymoon may be over.  It's really up to you guys to keep the flame going and treat your new

wife with utmost care and patience.  

A common kill joy for the new relationship is being overbearing, overprotective and overly jealous.  Many times they

will get severely homesick or realize that you're a real butt hole and will beg for a trip back, with or without you.

The Filipina can be very fragile like a fresh egg in a strange land.  In some cases however, it may be good to crack

that egg early in your relationship.  She may turn out to be like a balut on the inside......he, he.  

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Hmm......bery interesting questions Dan.  Here is one of my comments regarding this matter:

I believe for those who are able to travel abroad for fiance visa are experiencing cultural shock anyway and have

no allies (other Filipinas) to comfort them initially.  But when they get comfortable with their new surroundings and

new friends, the honeymoon may be over.  It's really up to you guys to keep the flame going and treat your new

wife with utmost care and patience.  

A common kill joy for the new relationship is being overbearing, overprotective and overly jealous.  Many times they

will get severely homesick or realize that you're a real butt hole and will beg for a trip back, with or without you.

The Filipina can be very fragile like a fresh egg in a strange land.  In some cases however, it may be good to crack

that egg early in your relationship.  She may turn out to be like a balut on the inside......he, he.  

I agree entirely. She is lonely and scared. If you think about it, to marry a foreigner and move to a land you have never seen is an incredibly brave thing to do.Take extra good care but don't ever be  overbearing, overprotective and overly jealous.

• Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Although there are plenty of Filipinas in Toronto, I never even gave them a thought until I met her.  I was very attracted on sight, and the minute she spoke, I could not contain my excitement.  I not only loved looking at her, I loved hearing her speak!  I still do...

When we got back from separate holidays, I made it my mission to be with her whenever I could.  Even if it meant waiting for her to come out of her house so I could drive her to work at 6 in the morning!  She was very surprised when I turned up that first morning, but wasn't that surprised anymore when she found me waiting for her outside the office after work.

Three months after we met, I proposed, and three months after that, we were married.  To be sure, there were adjustments to be made, but ALL WORTH IT!  With having just met and soon married, we really did not have a lot of long talks about our future.  Luckily, she took the reins for planning and finances, and frankly, she has the better head for it.  If I had known that of course, I would have married her even sooner!

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good story's thanks for sharing guys.

Mac, same with me..... nothing better to my ears than the sound of my wife's voice.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost:

I never get tired of reading story's like yours Intrepid.