Working Visa??????

vambeechi
Posted
Posted

Hi all, can so done please tell me how to get a working visa and how my wife and child gets a residency visa?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you have a job lined up, its the employer who arranges to get you the work visa and its the decision of the DTI (department of trade and industry) as to whether you get it.  Its not that hard in areas that foreigners are allowed to work.  For example, if you had a friend who owned a resort and wanted to hire you as a tourist co-ordinator because he needs someone who is familiar with foreigners and their habits then you would probably quality.  Of course the pay would not be much but you could get a 3 year visa out of it.

If you want to work for yourself then you need a different kind of visa as you are not classified as 'working' but more of a 'business owner'.  Lots of headaches with this one so best left to more knowledgeable folk.

Two other options are getting married to a filipina resident, that permits you to work at foreigner permitted jobs, or a quota visa which gives you landed immigrant status.

Edit:  I would have to research it again but, if I remember correctly your wife and child would have to stay as tourists.  I don't remember a 'wife of worker' visa.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2