Shipping Barbecue

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Has any one shipped a barbecue to the Philippines and can you get fittings to match

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Scott, do you mean a gas BBQ and the gas hose fitting?  Or do you mean spare parts?  It should be easy to adapt the gas hose if needed.

Jon1 shipped a nice big Charbroil over, but it is not gas.  Charbroil has a large presence in the Philippines so I suspect spare parts are available for the models they stock here.  The big Wilcon in Pampanga has a huge selection of Charbroil.  I glanced at the price on a huge charcoal grill and it seemed ok for such a huge BBQ.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I bought a really nice char broil at Wilcon and as said above they have several different choices

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

I bought a BBQ from the states, Cost me $200 shipped to my Cargo Forwarder. Another $100 shipped via them to my house. 2 months later delivered to my door. A month after that I was at the Ace Hardware in Marquis mall (AC) and saw the same grill for 20,000p. So I saved $100 and got the specific model I wanted.

I also purchased one of these http://bayouclassicdepot.com/kab4_banjo_burner.htm for brewing my beer. It is a high pressure gas burner. I had to buy an adapter for the gas line to fit the local gas bottles. The adapter cost me I think 1000p. So if you did buy a gas grill you should be able to use it if you get the adapter. As far as spare parts for future replacement, I doubt that you will be able to find that here.

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Scott, do you mean a gas BBQ and the gas hose fitting?  Or do you mean spare parts?  It should be easy to adapt the gas hose if needed.

Jon1 shipped a nice big Charbroil over, but it is not gas.  Charbroil has a large presence in the Philippines so I suspect spare parts are available for the models they stock here.  The big Wilcon in Pampanga has a huge selection of Charbroil.  I glanced at the price on a huge charcoal grill and it seemed ok for such a huge BBQ.

Sorry. Yes gas barbecue and being able to connect to their tanks

• 11 months later...
Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

Sorry. Yes gas barbecue and being able to connect to their tanks

I shipped this BBQ 3 years ago.

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/img/grills/98884/grill_over_98884.png

We just changed the end of the gas hose to the local type so it screwed to the Philippines type of gas tank. Purchased at any hardware store in the Philippines. It was very easy.

The cost for shipping was about $250 to $300 for a large wooden crate from Toronto to Ilocos Sur.

• Like 2