Bacolod .......where Not To Stay

RBM
Posted
Posted

We Normally visit Bacolod twice a month. Decided early on we try a different hotel each time, around P1000---1200 per night. So far after trying around 6 we have been thrilled, even amazed at friendly service and quality....until yesterday.

First, this was my experience, and I fully accept others may well have different experience even same hotel.

We booked and checked into Business Inn on Lacson St, was the Junior Suite on promo at P950. After parking car my GF was already in the room, it was a bit dated slightly scruffy but perfectly OK for an over nite.

We soon noticed air con was defective, called front desk and a boy arrived. He stood staring at air con some 5 minutes, said nothing and did not reply. Finally said, I shall return, never happened. OK no big deal, I decided to go down to front desk, noticing the next room was empty I entered and checked air con, all good.

Told front desk the grim news....no air con, OK sir we transfer you, great, what about the room next door say I. This was met with a resounding NO ...Sir people are in there, NOT so say, it's room 301 and empty, you mean it's reserved. Again NO sir people are in there right now.....OK maybe forgot my eye glasses, hang on I don't were eye glasses.

So off we go with boy to check a room on the second floor.....air con also defective. Back to front desk, hand full of keys and check another.....hang on air con good but no water, gosh next one please.....and on it goes. Must of checked 4 different rooms, all major problems, mostly air cons.

So becoming desperate I march the boy up to 301 .......is this occupied....no sir....please call front desk and inform them.......After a discussion which my GR explained was front desk telling the boy people were inside this room and he saying no, the end result was the boy looking in the closet and under the beds trying to find these invisible people......

Enough, ask money back I said let's go, even no refund let's go.....I marched down to the car, later she comes down to see if I have calmed down and informs me they have given us 301 with the invisible people. How ever they wanted an extra P150 which we refused.

Never again....Bacolod is a great city with wonderful restos, hotels and one stain will not deter us.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I bet you did not sleep well knowing there was someone under the bed.  :hystery:  Great report thanks.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Never again....Bacolod is a great city with wonderful restos, hotels and one stain will not deter us.

Can you imagine all those ghosts leaving wet spots (stains) on the bed sheets......he, he.

Thank you RBM for an excellent field report!

Respectfully -- Jake

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I always check the room before paying just because of this kind of crap  

I walk in check air con ,hot water, tv ,and the bed if all are ok then I pay 

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted

I always check the room before paying just because of this kind of crap  

I walk in check air con ,hot water, tv ,and the bed if all are ok then I pay

Very sound advice which I tend to follow on budget hotels. Business Inn is hardly a budget hotel how ever just shows it's equally important to check everything first. Regardless of hotel, very sad when a customer must tolerate this total lack of concern from staff.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I stayed at O Hotel about 3 years ago for 4 days. Decent and best water pressure I've found in the Philippines. Can't say I cared much for Bacolod though.

RBM
Posted
Posted

I stayed at O Hotel about 3 years ago for 4 days. Decent and best water pressure I've found in the Philippines. Can't say I cared much for Bacolod though.

Mike, can you expand on this please.

We quite enjoy Bacolod, how ever maybe after Cebu we are damaged.

I remember Bacolod from many years ago. Those days cars would slow and wave your across road...not so now. Once your past the plaza seems to be far nicer, admittedly we just visit and mostly stay 1----4 days, different from living.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I visited in 2011 when I first moved to the Phils. I was living in Cebu City at the time. All I can say is it didn't impress me as a place I wanted to live which was the reason for the trip. But I was still trying to adjust to this new world, in some ways I still am. Might see it in a completely different way now.

• Like 1