Found A New Place For Steaks Here In Bacolod

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well at least for us it is new .... it is owned by the same family that owns Aboy's (a premier local type restaurant but kinda pricey) .... it's right across the street from the Bank of Commerce on  Lacson St and next to the Pancake House ....

Took some pictures and will add them here .... couldn't take any of the inside as there were quite a few customers there and as I don't like to have my picture taken I respect the rights of others who may feel the same ....

The first time we ate there was on June 26th and then again on Aug. 1st .... I have included the receipts from both times for your viewing pleasure .... or not .... :hystery:

In June I had the CAB Chuck Steak and I have to say it was the best steak I have had in the 7 years I have lived here .... with most of the steak orders you get free soup and salad plus a tiny cup of complimenter tea at the end of your meal .... the only fault I had was that the mashed potatoes were a bit thin for my liking ..... but in all fairness my asawa order the mashed in August and they were perfect .... best thing fro me was nothing was to salty or sweet and very tasty .....

In August I had the USDA Beef Tenderloin and while it was cooked to perfection and tender it kinda had a grainy taste to it kinda like when you buy pork chops that were cut with a band-saw and you don't wash all the bone residue off (for lack of a better way to describe it .... :mocking: ) ..... but again it was better than most steaks I have had here in the Phils .... my asawa had the Burger Steak this time but to me it tasted like it had some kind of filler in it .... but was still good ....

All in all it was a great 2 visits and probably the only place in Bacolod where we plan to eat in at least once a month ..... besides Bella Ruby's but then we order home delivery from them ....

Anyway give them a try but remember our tastes are all different so what I may like you might not ....

Here are some pictures and receipts for you to look at ..... oh yea ..... they are open from 11:00 am till 2:00pm and again from 4:00pm till ?????? ..... not sure just what day they are closed .... you can park your car around by the Pancake House as the parking is a bit better than in front on Araneta st .....

Not sure just what happed but the first attachment didn't open for some reason ..... hopefully someone can fix it .....

And also these pictures are from the last meal we had there I didn't have my camera with me for the first one ....

1364576539.bmp  post-11-0-68521600-1407211993_thumb.jpg  post-11-0-86833400-1407212023_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-14153700-1407212044_thumb.jpg  post-11-0-08909700-1407212067_thumb.jpg 

post-11-0-68880800-1407212106_thumb.jpg  post-11-0-94267500-1407212152_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-97650500-1407212186_thumb.jpg  post-11-0-88715400-1407212226_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-65232900-1407212289_thumb.jpg

Added download as image, post-1-0-66921900-1407214060_thumb.jpg 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Added image
  • Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Fried Twinkies? Just kidding. How are the onion rings? It all looked good and worth the cost. I usually runs me the equivalent of 1500 piso for a trip by myself to my usual steakhouse here. I will have to stop in there when next I am in Bacolod. Thanks for the reveiw. :)

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Now I'm hungry.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info Mike.  I always like hearing of these places.  Even if I don't get to eat there in Bacolod, I enjoy the price comparison and good places.  When going to San Carlos City we fly in and out of Bacolod and maybe we will be able to try it someday.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Mike, The portion sizes in the photographs remind me of being invited by Japanese business associates to a Tokyo steakhouse. After several days of sushi, I was really looking forward to eating beef. My order was Steak Medallions. There were two pieces about the size of an American dollar coin. 

While in the Philippines, we avoid eating steaks unless it is advertised as "Australian." The Batangas beef can be pretty tough.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Mike....Just curious. You said Araneta St by Pancake House. Did they build a 2nd one I'm not aware of? The only PH I know of is cor of Lacson / 12th St......

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that catch Steve ..... you are 100% correct it is on Lacson St. and NOT Araneta ..... my bad ..... if some kind person who is able to would change the misplaced location in my post I would be deeply grateful .... I don't want anyone looking in the wrong place for this restaurant .... IMHO it is to good a place to miss .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• 2 weeks later...
RBM
Posted
Posted

Mike S love reading your comments on Bacolods treats, please keep them coming.

May I ask where is Bella Rubes?

We just love trying different eateries on each visit.