Accommodation In Subic

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know of a good resort / hotel to stay at in Subic Bay under 4,000peso a night

Cheers

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'd recommend the Court Meridien Hotel; from memory it is around 4K a night. On base, not in Baretto.

http://www.courtmeridian.com/

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you Jollygoodfellow.

A second choice would be the Mansion Garden, which is round the corner. I stay there also; usually when I cannot get into the Court Meridian! Service still a bit rough round the edges but a new building, to a good standard, nice new swimming pool, in the same area as the Court Meridien

http://www.mansiongardenhotel.com/

Both of these are clean and decent places, where you can take a family - Court Meridian does not have a pool, but has a nice children's play area on the lawn in the courtyard. 

Both have acceptable wifi

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info will have a good look  at both but the pool is better for us

cheers

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

When are you coming and what would you like to be near?  Right now I see a lot of signs for rainy season discounts.  I will try to make a note of them tomorrow.  We finally got a bit of sun the past few days after about 2 weeks straight rain and clouds.

Freeport area is more family oriented.  Barrio Barretto has nightlife and girls.

The main freeport business area is not on a swimming beach so if you want to swim, get a place with a nice pool.

I don't really consider Barrio Barreto a swimming beach either but a lot of people swim there.

If you want a hotel with a swimming and snorkeling beach, Camayan Resort is the only game in town, but it is out past the airport and thus not near to shopping, restos, etc.  I think they might have a rainy season discount but you would have to call and ask.  It is next door to Ocean Adventure sea life park..  I'm not sure how good the snorkeling would be during rain but it is nice at other times.  I have an annual beach pass there but have not been since the rain started.

We go to Mansion Garden Cafe for lunch and enjoy the food.  Good pork chops and burgers.  I don't know about the rooms but as stated it is new so they are probably fine.  One thing to look out for though is that they are adding on and the north side of the hotel might have some noise.  I think I peeked at the pool once and it was nice but near the construction.

Vista Marina has a really nice pool but I don't know the rates.

Traveller's is nice place with a small pool.  We had our baptismal party there and everything appeared clean and nice.

Park hotel has a pool and I tried to book it a few years ago but it was booked.  It had good reviews on Trip Advisor at that time.

We stayed at Mango Valley twice.  Nice big rooms and good BF, but no pool.  Close to Harbor Point shopping mall.

Check trip advisor for reviews and rates but at this time of year I would call and ask for the best rates.

Google maps can give you a good idea of where everything is located but be aware that the satellite view is really old.  Map view shows the names of places that do no show on the the satellite view.  

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
If you want a hotel with a swimming and snorkeling beach, Camayan Resort is the only game in town, but it is out past the airport and thus not near to shopping, restos, etc.  I think they might have a rainy season discount but you would have to call and ask.  It is next door to Ocean Adventure sea life park..  I'm not sure how good the snorkeling would be during rain but it is nice at other times.  I have an annual beach pass there but have not been since the rain started.

Agree. The very best beach, of course, is Anvaya Cove --- and I think the cabanas are around 11k a night!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
The very best beach, of course, is Anvaya Cove

I heard from someone that they get a lot of jellyfish there but I have no idea if it is true.  I didn't know they had overnight accommodations.  Do you know if they have day use there?  I have only driven by a few times and I thought it was completely private.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I have stayed there as the guest of a friend. Never saw a jellyfish. Fabulous place - manicured lawns, two huge pools, excellent food, 18 hole golf course, etc.,  but I think you are right - it is basically completely private and one can only visit as the guest of a resident. 

I agree with all you write, above. Another drawback to Mansion Garden is that they have a lot of wedding parties - and you sometimes need to be rather insistent with things like aircon. Never had problems like that at the Court Meridien 

The Harbour Point Mall ("the Ayala Mall") is pretty good for most things.

• Like 1

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Much Appreciated guys I will check out these motels and see what they look like

Cheers

• Like 1