Air Mattress In Luzon

intrepid
Posted
Posted

For you guys living in and around Manila have you ever seen in your travels good air bed/mattress?  I'm not talking about those camping style air beds in the php2-3K range, but rather the really nice ones similar to the "Select Comfort" or "number bed".  I know they would not be cheap there because here in the USofA they cost $2500+.  We started using one about seven years ago and just love it.  Really helped my back!  thanks

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

read your post when 1st made, this is my reply.

Its not available,(it may be in a specialty or a personal import store. what do I mean? like the IKEA imports)

I have looked for a similar  type mattress ,

Not Found at all, "strange look or sorry not in stock" (like when a deer sees car headlights)

i could be wrong but,,

in the past i liked to "TREASURE HUNT"= looking around for those items i may want to have perhaps you can try something like that.    :no: just look look  :no:

Could I suggest that you consider shipping Via the BOX this mattress

or should you be in Hong Kong buy it/ship it

(as their are many HKG-PHIL services.they can handle the odd shape boxes)  or )

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Try Robinsons 

Last Year, in Dumaguete they had Double Bed size,  for about 9500p. ( If my memory serves me right :unsure: )  If Dumaguete had them, I see no reason,  why Luzon Stores have not.

They seemed Good Quality to me  :hystery:  Oooooops did I say that :no:

JP :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I don't think I have seen them in a shop here.  There was a specialty mattress brand in Alabang Festival mall but I can't remember the name or the brand.  They MIGHT have been air type.

If you don't find one you might want to try a Euratex premium model.  They don't have them at many places but there is large Euratex warehouse on the east side on SLEX, and they have a nice showroom.  We bought a Deluxe that they don't seem to have anymore.  It has a memory foam top layer on a hard foam base layer, covered by a really nice cover so it looks like a regular USA mattress.  I have a bad back and this has been the most comfortable mattress I have had, and I had some very expensive ones in the U.S.  They have a good sale a few times a year.  We bought ours at the sale in March and I thing they have a sale later in the year.  Ours was about 18k marked down from about 24k.

The only complaint we have is that the memory foam seems to not spring back as well as it did when it was new, (like when you sit on the edge), but that does not impact the sleep comfort.  I also wish I would have gotten a king instead of the queen.

http://www.uratex.com.ph/premium-collection/uratex-premium-mattress/premium-touch-collection/

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't think I have seen them in a shop here.  There was a specialty mattress brand in Alabang Festival mall but I can't remember the name or the brand.  They MIGHT have been air type.

If you don't find one you might want to try a Euratex premium model.  They don't have them at many places but there is large Euratex warehouse on the east side on SLEX, and they have a nice showroom.  We bought a Deluxe that they don't seem to have anymore.  It has a memory foam top layer on a hard foam base layer, covered by a really nice cover so it looks like a regular USA mattress.  I have a bad back and this has been the most comfortable mattress I have had, and I had some very expensive ones in the U.S.  They have a good sale a few times a year.  We bought ours at the sale in March and I thing they have a sale later in the year.  Ours was about 18k marked down from about 24k.

The only complaint we have is that the memory foam seems to not spring back as well as it did when it was new, (like when you sit on the edge), but that does not impact the sleep comfort.  I also wish I would have gotten a king instead of the queen.

http://www.uratex.com.ph/premium-collection/uratex-premium-mattress/premium-touch-collection/

Thanks Don for your assistance.  I believe Dan (Intrepid) will be moving well south of Manila and some of those

show rooms (see link above) are located nearby.  

One thing I would like to discuss is the problem with bed bug bites.  It was my fault really, I went el cheapo and

got a mattress off a road side store.  I should have fumigated that damn thing before we laid on it.  I know that

these high end show rooms appear to be high quality mattresses that are sealed.  I'm just wondering if those

mattresses from China has bug infestation protocols before shipping them out?

You guys have any problems with your bayag itching?  

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

You guys have any problems with your bayag itching?

Jake, try this, it works for your puwet or your bayag!   :hystery:  My sister sent this in our Balikbayan box that arrived Tuesday and it is supposed to be good for everything!

post-1784-0-97169700-1407985752_thumb.jp

• Like 2

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Sign up with my-shoppingbox.com and buy online in the USA, ship it to them, then they ship it to you via bb box. Not the cheapest but no import tax,so worth it on high value items. The shipping prices are based mainly on size. Small packages are cheaper.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys for all the help.  Transporting one from anywhere around the greater Manila area would be doable.   I don't really want to ship/import.  I was checking out myself at Festivle Mall when there this past April.  I did not see what I was looking for but I did see what appear to be well built and firm.  I may go that route and continue just searching when I get there.  There are so many places around Alabang just did not have the time with all the family and honeydos.  I just thought someone there may have seen one in passing.  At least wishing :rolleyes: . 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

If memory serves I saw those type of mattresses in SM Mall Alabang in one of the mall stores. I have noticed if you go to the malls in more affluent areas, the better quality and more variety.