Tha Ashes

Norm
Posted
Posted

My good lady and I are coming to the philippines,( Eastwood ), near Manila, we are arriving on the 25th of this month and staying for 2 months, My question is, Where on earth will I be able to see the Aussies take on England in the "Ashes" cricket series? last time I visited The world cup Rugby was on, and what a job I had finding a place were i could watch, any ideas guys? this would be most welcome, Cheers.

mike
Posted
Posted
My good lady and I are coming to the philippines,( Eastwood ), near Manila, we are arriving on the 25th of this month and staying for 2 months, My question is, Where on earth will I be able to see the Aussies take on England in the "Ashes" cricket series? last time I visited The world cup Rugby was on, and what a job I had finding a place were i could watch, any ideas guys? this would be most welcome, Cheers.
British Lions tour will be covered live by Australian network, if you are in Manila this comes as part of the usual monthly package for cable.For the for the cricket you are sadly going to have to head to Burgos st area and go to one of the many sports bars there. not the girly or bikini bars but genuine pub style. They often subscribe to Solar sports and have full accessb to over 9 sports channels yiu will get what you are looking for in there. Try Lantern Jacks upstairs its in the first cluster of bars on the right hand side as u leave makati avenue and enter Burgos st.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
There is a sports bar in Libis Cyber Center in Eastwood that will probably have it. I forget the name of the place, but it was an English pub type place. I watched the Cricket World Cup there a few years back and they had some 20/20 matches showing a month or so ago when I was in Manila. As I recall, the place is open 24/7 to accomodate the many call centers in that part of town.