Visa Extensions With Old Throw Away Ticket

SteveMD
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone I'm new here and I have a question about visa extensions in the Philippines. I have ticket to Manila one way and I got cheap throw away ticket. So when I apply for visa extension when I arrive in the country can I use same throw away ticket again and again even if I apply for 2 or 6 months and ticket is within 30 days of my arrival? I am sorry if somebody already answered this but I am really confused.
It just makes no sense to me, if that is correct than after a year of stay in country I apply for visa extension with ticket that is already expired 1 year ago. Thank you in advance for your help, Steve :attention:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone I'm new here and I have a question about visa extensions in the Philippines. I have ticket to Manila one way and I got cheap throw away ticket. So when I apply for visa extension when I arrive in the country can I use same throw away ticket again and again even if I apply for 2 or 6 months and ticket is within 30 days of my arrival? I am sorry if somebody already answered this but I am really confused.

It just makes no sense to me, if that is correct than after a year of stay in country I apply for visa extension with ticket that is already expired 1 year ago. Thank you in advance for your help, Steve :attention:

I have never been asked to show any travel plans (throw away ticket) to leave the Philippines when getting a visa extensions. Only when boarding a flight to the Philippines by the airline.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The Philippines will fine the airline that lets you come in without a ticket leaving the Philippines so they are the ones who are doing all the checking.  Once in a while, you will get checked upon entering  the country but not too often it appears.  Once you are in country, nobody appears to care if you still have your way out - you had it before so that's good enough for them!  A it least that is the way it is for the moment...  Stand by for change #4,762,514...

:mocking:

RobinR
Posted
Posted

Agree with the other comments but also remember after 6 months you need certain documents before you leave the country.  Stories are plentiful of people overstaying the 183 day limit and trying to exit legitimately but being stopped so they can get extra documents organised via the BI.

There are notices up in all BI offices on this and on the web site also. 

So remember that if you are here more than 6 months

jon1
Posted
Posted

Agree with the other comments but also remember after 6 months you need certain documents before you leave the country.  Stories are plentiful of people overstaying the 183 day limit and trying to exit legitimately but being stopped so they can get extra documents organised via the BI.

There are notices up in all BI offices on this and on the web site also. 

So remember that if you are here more than 6 months

Yes, Robin is correct. He is referring to the Exit Clearance Certificate (ECC) which is now required for anyone staying past 6 months. This required to be obtained at any Satellite BI office within 72 hours prior to departure (and not at the airport of course which would be too convenient and logical). 

• Like 2

SteveMD
Posted
Posted

Thank you all, I understand now. They dont ask for ticket back when applying for exension