Immigration Team Formed To Go After Foreign Fugitives

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Immigration team formed to go after foreign fugitives The Immigration bureau has created a team that will take the lead in tracking down foreigners wanted for crimes in their respective countries and are hiding in the Philippines. http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=p...cs5_june19_2009I say good riddance to anyone hiding in the Philippines, but just how far will this end up going? Will they end up tracking down people who owe child support of alimony, or will they just stick to hard line criminals?

Mik
Posted
Posted

You can run but you can't hide. The world is getting smaller. The US can garnish their stateside bank account if it's just a matter of money.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Boyz, boyz...... Now we ARE talking about Pinoyland here right? Where the almighty USD buys all the freedom one can afford. I imagine that there will be a 'tiered' rating system as to which (damn) foreigner to chase down and which to ignore... for a good rea$on, I am sure.

Mik
Posted
Posted

No need to chase you. They just wait for you to do your annual report at BI or your visa extension then they grab you on the spot.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
No need to chase you. They just wait for you to do your annual report at BI or your visa extension then they grab you on the spot.
I don't think any of the wanted would have got their first extension after the 21 days for tourists,they would be hiding as over stayers.So they would have to be hunted down in most cases.