B.i. Office Sta Rosa@waltermart (Its Moving Soon)To City Hall

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

For the members who live in ,Or soon to move to laguna

and use the B.I,office at waltermart the BI office will be moving not now but withing a few months.according to sta rosa city website, thought i would pass it along so you can plan ahead,

The Bureau of Immigration is here to stay in the City of Santa Rosa, Laguna.

This was affirmed today, September 15, by Mayor Arlene B. Arcillas during the signing of the Memorandum of Agreement between the City Government of Santa Rosa and the Bureau of Immigration.

Under the Agreement, the city government will provide an office space for the Bureau of Immigration to serve as the latter’s satellite office.

According to Mayor Arcillas, the city government provided the office to the immigration bureau “for the benefit of locators, visitors and migrants here in the City and those from adjacent areas,” stressing that this will make it more convenient for foreign nationals in the city to transact business with the bureau.

Mayor Arcillas added that the MOA signing signifies the City’s efforts to take good care of everybody, and that includes investors establishing their business in the city, foreigners who stay in the city for purposes of leisure or education, and for those who later want to migrate.

“This is how we do it here – that when anyone comes to Santa Rosa, they would want to stay for good. And because having a BI satellite office in the City has been proven beneficial, we also want them to stay. That is why we are offering them a home here in our seat of government, here in our city hall,” said the Mayor.

BI Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison was beside himself during the MOA signing, saying that he was overwhelmed by the reception given by the city government. Mison said it was the tradition of the bureau to put up their field office in the capital town.

However, Santa Rosa was the exemption because “seeing that a lot of our clients are here in the City, we opted to establish our satellite officer here instead.” “Our mandate is ‘good guys in, bad guys out.’ We want the good guys to choose our country, like the song in our anniversary video Piliin mo ang Pilipinas; and we want to make sure that we keep the bad guys out,” said the Commissioner, while pointing out that “most of the good guys are here in the City of Santa Rosa.”

He said that since the bureau has limited reach, partnering with local government units like Santa Rosa help them perform their mandate.

PR14-0915_MOAsigning_Immigration_01_editWitnessing the MOA signing were barangay officials, heads of city government offices and national offices, and the Santa Rosa Business Club. Commissioner Mison,

on the other hand, was joined by Danilo C. Almeda, Acting Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division, and

Maida V. Rebong, Acting Chief – Alien Control Officer of the BI Santa Rosa Satellite Office.

The Bureau of Immigration opened its satellite office in Santa Rosa in 2008. Initially located at the Santa Rosa Commercial Complex in Brgy. Balibago, the satellite office was eventually transferred to Waltermart. The new satellite office of the bureau at the city hall is expected to within the year once the City Hall Annex is complete.

http://santarosacity.gov.ph/index.php/santa-rosa-welcomes-immigration-satellite-office-in-the-city-hall/

if anyone can post a map to help i appreciate , seems my unit not working well,