New Hospital In Dumaguete

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Of course this is mainly of interest to those who live close to Dumaguete but it seems the rumors of a new hospital were true.  Not exactly IN Dumaguete but in the adjoining city of Sibulan:

The groundbreaking for the P150 million Negros Polymedic Hospital was led by Rep. George Arnaiz (Neg. Or., 2nd District), Gov. Roel Degamo and Vice Gov. Mark Macias in Barangay Tubtubon, Sibulan, Negros Oriental, Thursday.

This is a project of a group of doctors in Negros Oriental, called the East Negros Health Alliance Inc., who want to establish a hospital for women and children, with the support of the business sector and private individuals.

At the groundbreaking were Sibulan Mayor Emmanuel Diputado, Tubtubon Barangay Captain Daisy Inoferio, former Rep. Herminio Teves, members of the business sector, private and public doctors, Dumaguete Bishop Julito Cortes, and parish priest Gamaliel Tulabing.

Dr. Krypton Kho, chairman of the Board, said that when the dengue epidemic struck, the health profession was surprised at the overflowing patients, especially children.

He added that the doctors realized the need for additional hospitals.

The target is for a 100-bed general hospital, but it will start small as a 35-bed specialty hospital for women and children, the important segment of the population that started it all, Kho said.

The Negros Polymedic Hospital will be a full service facility, with a surgery, nursery and high-risk pregnancy units, just like a tertiary hospital, with an initial fund requirement of P150 million, including the acquisition of the lot, the building itself, equipment, and facilities.

The East Negros Health Alliance Inc., composed of about 60 doctors and businessmen, expects completion of the hospital not later than 2016.

“We hope, in this small way, that we can continue to share and to enjoy the Gift of Love,” Kho said.

Ed Du, president of the Negros Oriental Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said the hospital will promote the province as a retirement destination and medical tourism site, and complement the construction of the Central Block Building of the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital.*JG

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Things must be changing in the Philippines. Never thought a new hospital would be built near Dumaguete in my life time. Next there will be fast buses traveling back and forth. Progress, love it   :)

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Things must be changing in the Philippines. Never thought a new hospital would be built near Dumaguete in my life time. Next there will be fast buses traveling back and forth. Progress, love it   :)

When I read closer I noticed: 

it will start small as a 35-bed specialty hospital for women and children

I guess that is like the fast busses starting out as small jeepneys designed for women and children.  :hystery:

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

And another new one in Dumaguete.  I somehow missed this news article and just happened to drive by the area they are starting to build it and saw the sign:

http://visayandailystar.com/2015/February/16/negor1.htm

The news article says the hospital is still in the hearings stage but the sign says the are getting ready for groundbreaking.

• Like 1