Door / Window Alarms

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Perhaps this should be in "where do I find" but I will put it here because some people have mentioned these in security.

I would like to find some simple battery operated door / window alarms.  If I recall my USA infomercials correctly, they usually have a pin to connect two parts that are attached to the door / window.  When the pin is pulled, the alarm sounds.

Does anyone know where these might be found?  I have not looked anywhere yet.  Would Ace or Handyman have them?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

On one of the doors I have this one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014A4JWU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 the other has the on/off switch type which is mostly what they sell here. I like the combination type. It's 2 parts, one goes on the door, one lines up on the frame. When the sensor contact is broken the alarm sounds. Ace, TruValue have them. Good thing to have.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

On one of the doors I have this one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014A4JWU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 the other has the on/off switch type which is mostly what they sell here. I like the combination type. It's 2 parts, one goes on the door, one lines up on the frame. When the sensor contact is broken the alarm sounds. Ace, TruValue have them. Good thing to have.

Yes, that is nice for the door and cheap!  I see they have a kit with one door and 3 windows for only $20.  I'll see what I can find here.

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just spent most of the weekend adding some bolts on the doors, cementing cracked burglar bars and further fortifying our humble abode.  Never really considered an alarm, but those seem quite affordable and I'll have to check Ace on my next visit to Cebu.  Probably not as reliable as the empty bottle of Pilsen that sits at the door and serves as an early warning system now, but I'm sure the wife would prefer the alarm   :)

Edited by Larry45

brock
Posted
Posted

When you have spare time on your hands, Why not have a go at making your own.

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks, Brock.  I actually watched it.

When you have spare time on your hands, Why not have a go at making your own.

Yeah, that's what I thought I was doing with the empty Pilsen bottle..lol..  Would wake the devil, and scare off the scoundrel, hopefully.  If not I greet him with a custom bolo and make it a fair fight.  That's the best you can hope for defending your family (without a gun).

Edited by Larry45