What's Ecc?

Alby
Posted
Posted

94e0b50e9d4cc15cff934af47349dd18.jpg

Today, I was blessed coz I had another 2 months lease on life plus the new ARP :)

However I noticed the above picture where it spelled Immigration as Emmigration for ECC.

Now I am beginning to wonder. What's ECC? Isn't it an Exit Clearance Visa gimmick?

Notice: this picture was taken at the immigration office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yes it is an exit clearance.  The call it an emigration clearance... same thing...but I think they misspelled emigration.  (or just spell it different).  They don't care what it is called - they just want the p500 ha ha

Very easy to get.  I just got mine in Iloilo about a month ago.   p500, bunch of fingerprints, an easy form, couple pictures, and come back Monday to pick it up. 

It is for various visa types.  Mine was a tourist visa staying over 6 months.  They put a stamp in your passport if you need an ECC.   :tiphat:

Alby
Posted
Posted

So after staying on Tourist visa for over 6 months one should pay it ... I mean get it? :)

Mind you, the funniest thing is when you do the 6 months extension. They charge you 3 Express Lane fees :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Mind you, the funniest thing is when you do the 6 months extension. They charge you 3 Express Lane fees

Your mileage will vary on that.  It depends what clerk and what office processes it for you.  I know of a couple of expats who only paid 1 express fee in Cebu and thus got it 1,000 or so cheaper than doing it every 2 months.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Mind you, the funniest thing is when you do the 6 months extension. They charge you 3 Express Lane fees

Your mileage will vary on that.  It depends what clerk and what office processes it for you.  I know of a couple of expats who only paid 1 express fee in Cebu and thus got it 1,000 or so cheaper than doing it every 2 months.

Yes, the 6 month visa saved me some pesos vs. 3 X 2 months.  I think I posted the costs in another thread.