Taking Pets On Domestic Flights

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

Anyone have any experience with this?  What fishhooks I'm likely to find and what the suggested process is.  I've done a bit of digging and it doesn't seem all that expensive to do but I'd still hate to get to the airport and discover that we had to cancel the trip because they wouldn't load her.

Bit more information:

Pet: Fully grown rottweiler bitch.

Departure airport: (for the first trip) probably Clark but we could also get to Manila if we *had* to.

Rabies jabs etc: All up to date

Airlines: Either Cebu Pac / PAL

Related, but off topic - waits to be told to start a new thread somewhere else - nice, reasonably priced pet friendly resorts pretty much anywhere.  My mission between now and the new year is to get out and see a bit more of this country.

All input appreciated!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I strongly suspect you will have to have a certificate of vaccinations from the local Bureau of Quarantine for animals and you will have to have the animal caged but not all airlines are the same.  You can usually search the web site for the airline you wish to use or just call them and ask.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Bingbangbin
Posted
Posted

Hi,

We will be traveling on a domestic flight with our 2 dogs in about a month so any info you come up with will be appreciated.

What I have been told so far is to just get a certificate that can be provided by their local vet. I contacted the PAL cargo section at the local airport and they said to bring them to the cargo section in their crates before check in.

Not sure how that will work....

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

Hi,

We will be traveling on a domestic flight with our 2 dogs in about a month so any info you come up with will be appreciated.

What I have been told so far is to just get a certificate that can be provided by their local vet. I contacted the PAL cargo section at the local airport and they said to bring them to the cargo section in their crates before check in.

Not sure how that will work....

I'll update this thread with any information that I get, in the mean time if you could let me know how your experience goes I would really appreciate it.

I strongly suspect you will have to have a certificate of vaccinations from the local Bureau of Quarantine for animals and you will have to have the animal caged but not all airlines are the same.  You can usually search the web site for the airline you wish to use or just call them and ask.

Thanks for that Dave.  I figured I would need some sort of certificate for her.  I know the information is available from the airlines but I was kind of hoping for someone who had been through the process to let me know what fish-hooks are likely to arise.

• Like 1