The Dominant Country For Love Through I.n. Global Survey

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

The very latest Inter Nations survey has just placed the Philippines as the #8 most desirable country for Expats to live and retire. The report gets into extensive methodology behind how the rankings were placed for each country but below is the link.

http://assets.in-cdn.net/static/pdf/report.pdf

pg 77

At 66%, 
the share of people who are in a relationship 
with a local resident is the highest in the 
Philippines. However, Argentina (55%), Chile 
(54%), Mexico (54%), and Greece (53%) can 
also show results that lie far above the 
global average of 31%.

RELATIONSHIP WITH A LOCAL RESIDENT
Philippines 66%
Colombia 60%
Argentina 55%
Brazil 54%
Mexico 54%
Chile 54%
Israel 53%
Greece 53%
Poland 51%
Ecuador 51%
Russia 51%
Global Average 31%

What stands out for the Philippines as the most significant factor is that of love and relationships as compared to other countries. I believe the rest -as usual-such as cost of living, ease of lifestyle, and related factors places the Philippines toward the top of the list

So to further reinforce how truly dominant the Philippines is when it comes to love, the US Dept of State also shows K-1 visas issued to Filipinas as ranked #1 more than twice that of the #2 ranked-China. I have that link if needed.

To me, love is definitely in the air in the Philippines-unique to this country in such a dominating way.

• Like 5

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Great report, as I read a similar one today that wasn't nearly as detailed.  

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was already sold.

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Great report, as I read a similar one today that wasn't nearly as detailed.  

I like the fact that Inter Nations brings such a wide range of readers from all nations-and displays this point as dominant from a global scale (love and relationships) while other nations have their own unique reasons for topping the charts. 

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
What stands out for the Philippines as the most significant factor is that of love and relationships as compared to other countries

That explains why some Filipinos have 1 or 2 wives plus one or 2 sidelines. It should be around 130% not 66% in a relationship with a local.

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Philippines 66%

And in other, unrelated news, 34% of Internations members in the Philippines are expat women. :lol:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Philippines 66%

And in other, unrelated news, 34% of Internations members in the Philippines are expat women. :lol:

That figure cannot be correct - what about lesbians?  :lol: 

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, all I was trying to do was show a report from a reputable publication that brings out some unique positive qualities of this country we live in or plan to move to. Where it says relationship with a local resident, if you actually read it, it means an expat in a relationship with a resident local

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 3