Thriller

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I see another reason for a public holiday to be declared in the Philippines. I also think all prisoners should be pardoned. :540: Manila - Hundreds of inmates in a central Philippine city jail who gained international prominence dancing to Michael Jackson's hit song 'Thriller' in 2007 were saddened Friday by the untimely death of the music pop icon.The inmates at the provincial jail in Cebu City, 585 kilometres south of Manila, were scheduled to pay tribute to Jackson on Saturday, dancing to at least 15 songs of their late idol. Byron Garcia, a security consultant in the jail, said the inmates were very much affected when they learned Jackson died. 'The inmates are still in grief after learning that their idol is already dead,' he told reporters. 'If it weren't for 'Thriller' the Cebu inmates wouldn't have global recognition.' In 2007, more than 1,400 Cebu inmates, jailed for crimes ranging from petty theft to murder, performed a dance routine from the music video of 'Thriller.' Garcia uploaded the video on YouTube and it became an instant hit. Local radio stations in the country played songs of Jackson in tribute to the King of Pop, who held a jam-packed concert in Manila in 1996.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Poor Michael, may he rest in peace, he sure did not have any peace while alive. I did not like him or his ways and have no idea if he was just a big kid that never grew up that people tried to take advantage of because of his perceived money or a pedophile, but IMO most of his music was pretty good and some of his music videos were neat.

post-40-1246025999_thumb.gif

Edited by Mr. Lee

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

How about releasing all non-violent offenders. They could teach Jackson dance moves to the kids back in their home town. Pardon anyone jailed for possession of a forbidden item such as drugs or unlicensed firearms. This will help ease the overcrowding in prisons.Michael Jackson was taken advantage of for sure. He was almost as rich as Paul McCartney but his fortune evaporated. He also had his personal problems, but who doesn't. Having the Paparazzi constantly follow you around is enough to make anyone a bit nuts. I know it would affect me.

Edited by M.Morey

Travis
Posted
Posted

may he rest in peace. I do not think he was a ped but I do think he was a kid that never grew up