Dangerous New Accessory Trend In Truck Trailers

deevey
Posted
Posted

Has anyone else noticed the newest accessories in trucks recently ... these blinding, high intensity white lights aimed directly at car windscreens each side from under the mid section, pointing BACKWARD into the overtaking traffic ! 

First time I came across it was a few weeks ago as I was trying to overtake on the highway and literally had to pull over to the side of the road until my eyes re-adjusted, since then it seems to be the new normal for trucks to have these blinding white spotlights aimed outwards into overtaking traffic. 

FFS - red headlights on bicycles and trikes and now blinding white lights at the rear of trucks, how the fcuk are you meant to know what way the traffic is actually going ! 

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone else noticed the newest accessories in trucks recently ... these blinding, high intensity white lights aimed directly at car windscreens each side from under the mid section, pointing BACKWARD into the overtaking traffic ! 

First time I came across it was a few weeks ago as I was trying to overtake on the highway and literally had to pull over to the side of the road until my eyes re-adjusted, since then it seems to be the new normal for trucks to have these blinding white spotlights aimed outwards into overtaking traffic. 

FFS - red headlights on bicycles and trikes and now blinding white lights at the rear of trucks, how the fcuk are you meant to know what way the traffic is actually going ! 

Not new.

The lights are intended for off loading at night. Here, the sugar cane trucks can drive only at night. The problem is that they do not shut them off when on the highway. I see that often on the highway near the Bacolod airport. No respect for others.

Edited by jpbago

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not new.

The lights are intended for off loading at night. Here, the sugar cane trucks can drive only at night. The problem is that they do not shut them off when on the highway. I see that often on the highway near the Bacolod airport. No respect for others.

Maybe I'm only noticing now since the amount of trucks has increased exponentially at night the Manila Truck ban  :unsure:  The lights I talk of are on either side though, not at the rear which would be needed for loading/unloading. The only thing they would be good for in that position is changing the rear tires.  

Edited by deevey

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Not new.

Maybe I'm only noticing now since the amount of trucks has increased exponentially at night the Manila Truck ban  :unsure:  The lights I talk of are on either side though, not at the rear which would be needed for loading/unloading. The only thing they would be good for in that position is changing the rear tires.  

On the cane trucks, the lights are just behind the cab on both sides facing back. The sides come off to unload from front to back.

deevey
Posted
Posted

On the cane trucks, the lights are just behind the cab on both sides facing back. The sides come off to unload from front to back.

The lights I'm seeing are around the centerline of the trucks just behind the rear axels, I'll have to see the next time if they are side loaders. They certainly don't seem to be aiming in any position that seems to makes any sense for anything except to blind overtaking drivers.     

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. They certainly don't seem to be aiming in any position that seems to makes any sense for anything except to blind overtaking drivers.     

Whatever the lights are 'meant for' I believe you that the trucks know what they are doing and are taking some sadistic pleasure in blinding the traffic behind them because. . . . . . . they can.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

You have to suck it up and not say anything so that they can save "Face".

Americano
Posted
Posted

Its illegal to have those lights on while driving but as you can see the law is not enforced.  If the driver had to pay the P1,000 fine for each time he left those lights on while driving then the problem would be solved.  Or you could look at it the Filipino way, if you didn't come to the Philippines then those lights wouldn't be shinning in your eyes so you are the one causing the problem not the truck driver.

• Like 1