An Nbi Clearance

johnb
Posted
Posted

Hi all, Have any of you ever requested an NBI clearance. this is not the same as the BI Exit visa stuff, I need an NBI Clearance for all the time that I've lived in the RP "Pretty much stating that I have been a good boy and that there are no existing charges or pending charges against me". This is in Relation to security work that I have applied for outside the RP.If you've any experience Please let me know the procedure, approximate cost and time scale for the clearance.ThanksJohnb

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi all, Have any of you ever requested an NBI clearance. this is not the same as the BI Exit visa stuff, I need an NBI Clearance for all the time that I've lived in the RP "Pretty much stating that I have been a good boy and that there are no existing charges or pending charges against me". This is in Relation to security work that I have applied for outside the RP.If you've any experience Please let me know the procedure, approximate cost and time scale for the clearance.ThanksJohnb
I got mine about 6 months ago from NBI near Capitol and it is valid for one year.I went with a friend who knew the system, so instead of queuing, we were able to go directly to the main office. It took about one hour which included a photograph and finger prints and I picked up the clearance certificate about 2 weeks later. Can't remember the cost but it was less than 1,000 pesos I think.I believe without my friend I would have been there for the best part of one whole day.Paul Edited by ancienrocka

• 2 years later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
post-1293-0-22871200-1310925847_thumb.jp Its very easy to get if you have all the items they "request"just read the link below as it has ALL the REQUIREMENTS. took me only 30 minutes to process it.I had a "namesake" hit" so i had to return 3 days later,cost was under 200php. http://www.nbi.gov.p...ce/Advisory.htm

johnb
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ed, its still relevant for me, at the time of my first inquiry back in 2009, I wanted the NBI Clearence for a job application for security work outside of the Philippines, but later found out that the company wanted police clearance for my previous 5 years and in 2009 I had only been full-time in the Philippines for three years, so I would have required the NBI Clearance from 2006 to 2009 and another similar clearance from the security services of Uganda [ my last place of work] for the years up to 2006 and that wasn't going to happen because of logistical problems, it is possible that because of the poor reputation of the Philippines the NBI certificate may not be accepted overseas as a police clearance, it does need to state that i have not had any warrants issued against me and that the certificate covers at least my last five years in the country, thanks John

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

It looks like it only applies in or around Manila.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
It looks like it only applies in or around Manila.
yes the offices. places to obtain the NBI is for the metro manila area. BUTthe GUIDELINES / requirements are the same .the NBI Clearance is Very Important to some of us,(forum members)since its needed for various reasons . work,travel,adoption thats just a fewANY members : have you obtained a NBI clearance? would you share your experience? here is the location for CebuCENTRAL VISAYAS REGIONAL OFFICE (CEVRO) NBI, Capitol Site Cebu Cityhere is the link for the other offices within the countryhttp://www.nbi.gov.p...eld_offices.htm