Amazing How Quickly They Adapt

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
I told her that if we lived in the US we would have to live in the South as her tastes are similar.

Well if she is a foody you never know. Once she is exposed to northern foods like Chicago style deep dish pizza (best one I have had so far is actually made in Detroit but I haven't tried it in Chicago yet) she may just choose somewhere else to live or maybe a more central location so you both could travel and try different foods. I would guess that New York city or one of the mid-sized to large cities in California or even Florida would have good authentic food from all over the country. The main part is you both are enjoying your food adventure and sounds like you can make most of what you want where ever you are.  :cheersty:

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

We ran the full spectrum of foods on our trip to the US (San Francisco, NYC, Washington DC, North Carolina, Florida and Arkansas). The Cuban food and the country style cooking were her favorites. If we were to move back to the US we would probably end up in Florida (weather for me and seafood for her). It was funny when we got to Tampa and she was surprised at how close the weather was to the Philippines. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well if she is a foody you never know

Foody! Hmmmmmmmmm my 2 just loved the Middle England "Fish & Chips  post-2148-0-07771900-1415846882.jpg eaten Out of the paper of course.This is the proper English way. Don't know about wifey adapting, most Brit members will Admit we miss this.  :thumbsup:

:tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson

robert k
Posted
Posted

I miss Jack's fish and chips, used to have an Alfie's near me in Los Angeles. I have been missing Armenian Pastrami for the last 20 years since I moved from N. Hollywood Ca. that long ago. I am finding good food in the Philippines too though, usually not where you would expect it. I have become resigned to the "no stock sir" everywhere I go when I order what I want most from the menu. It will be fine though because what I eat at home is great. :thumbsup:

• Like 2