Advice Please

Hopeless
Posted
Posted

Ok my last trip I had a little health problem to the sum of 1 million p covered by my insurance or so I thought . Thee insurance company gave the hospital a letter of intent to pay so they let me go .

Now the insurance company has not payed and is dragging there feet big time  .

I am wondering if the hospital can go to immigration and grab me when I land at x-mas ? 

I hope its all worked out before then but I am a little worried on the bright side the insurance company says no problem selling me insurance for the next trip  :unsure:

robert k
Posted
Posted

You might check with whoever regulates insurance companies where you bought the insurance as l believe it's you who owes the hospital, the insurance company has a fiduciary duty to you, as long as you obeyed the terms of the contract, but not to the hospital. This means the hospital can take action against YOU, not the insurance company, although the insurance company will probably be included, et all. I would get them to settle before l left a country where you might be listened to.)

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I am wondering if the hospital can go to immigration and grab me when I land at x-mas ? 

Anything's possible but VERY unlikely, imo.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Only if you send them your itinerary. In an organized country, they might get you when you apply for the ECC, and that is if you stayed more than 6 months.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Now the insurance company has not payed and is dragging there feet big time  . I am wondering if the hospital can go to immigration and grab me when I land at x-mas ? 

I doubt if the hospital would know whether you ever left the country in the first place. I don't know what dealings you are having with the insurance company but cant you find out what the hold up is or when they are expect to settle?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I doubt the hospital can come after you once you left the country. A hospital bill is a civil matter and most countries will not extridite their citizens back to the Philippines over a civil matter.