(Usa Style)Thanksgiving 2014

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Thursday is THANKSGIVING

does anyone have any places that they would recommend or suggest for 1 to celebrate a Us style THANKSGIVING?

please post places that you may know about in your area :cheersty:  so others will know.

as for me and my children, we will attend the dinner at MANILA ELKS CLUB

near greenbelt 1

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

The VFW in Angeles is holding a Thanksgiving Dinner http://www.vfwpost2485.com/

In Subic, Texas Joe's is holding a Thanksgiving Dinner https://www.facebook.com/texasjoes

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Good topic!

In Dumaguete I will be with some friends at Mike's Beach Resort in Dauin.  He will be putting on an American style Thanksgiving dinner.  Check with the resort to see if reservations are required but I think it will be available to all for as long as the food lasts.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Once upon a time, you were allowed two suitcases weighing up to 70 pounds on flights from the United States to the Philippines. American friends were living in the Philippines at the time and one of their children, studying at a university, was on his way to spend Thanksgiving with them. My wife prepared a care package containing a Butterball turkey, stuffing, a large can with pumpkin pie filling and two small cans of cranberries.

They still get teary eyed when the subject of their Philippine Thanksgiving comes up in conversation.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Here in Iloilo the American Association of Western Visayas is holding their annual Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel Diversion 21.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I suspect that Thanksgiving Day at our house will be  the same as the last 7 years ..... sometype of Filipino ulam with rice .... by the way what's a turkey and do they really have butter balls .... besides as J looked at this while I was typing it she said "we have Thanksgiving everyday here" .... you know I believe she is right ...  :dance: 

:cheersty:

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Once upon a time, you were allowed two suitcases weighing up to 70 pounds on flights from the United States to the Philippines. American friends were living in the Philippines at the time and one of their children, studying at a university, was on his way to spend Thanksgiving with them. My wife prepared a care package containing a Butterball turkey, stuffing, a large can with pumpkin pie filling and two small cans of cranberries.

They still get teary eyed when the subject of their Philippine Thanksgiving comes up in conversation.

Now you can't even bring 2 cans of ham from Manila to Bacolod. 

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Thursday is THANKSGIVING

does anyone have any places that they would recommend or suggest for 1 to celebrate a Us style THANKSGIVING?

please post places that you may know about in your area :cheersty:  so others will know.

as for me and my children, we will attend the dinner at MANILA ELKS CLUB

near greenbelt 1

The Manila Elks Club is the oldest American club in the country and it now shares

its space w/the MANILA CLUB which is a club for the  British and others from the commonwealth.

in the past . several members of the MANILA CLUB has attended,,

here is a sample of the menu

post-1293-0-51746300-1416924044_thumb.pn 

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Also, Trader Ric's in Baloy Beach https://www.facebook.com/trader.rics.1?fref=ts  is having a Thanksgiving Buffet. All you can eat for 800p (adults) and 400p for children.

• Like 1