Greetings All! Looking For People Familiar With Internet Services...

Chris Mcguire
Posted
Posted

I am looking to outsource a portion of our company to Cebu and can't find any decent information on the internet.

How are the internet speeds? I know the averages as a country are low but what sort of upload and download speeds can i reliably obtain if I don't mind spending the money.

I've got a few other questions but this one is the biggie. In fact, a deal breaker.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There is a difference in  domestic internet and commercial services to the BPO industries. Cebu and other cities have places like IT park to accommodate such and BPO is big business in the Philippines overtaking India I believe so you will have no problem there. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Many refer to it as Call Centers, but the industry is really Business Process Outsourcing. Services include most of the backroom requirements for small, medium and large companies such as accounting.

Owners of certain buildings receive special licenses as IT centers. Requirements include high speed telecommunication lines, 24 hours food cafeterias, 24 hours air conditioning, etc. Qualified businesses who located in these buildings receive tax breaks. They are not subject to certain labor laws such as paying employees more for nighttime work.

You may want to start by sub-contracting your work to an existing company before establishing your own subsidiary. First step is to contact the Philippine BPO Association. Describe what you need and they will refer you to members in good standing.