Home Owners Insurance

1Saltydog
Posted
Posted

I would like information on the availability of Home Owners Insurance in the RP.

My Filipina wife owns a home in Surigao Del Sur on the coast. We plan on

expanding it before we move there. The area is not in the Typhon Zone.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Carl

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

On our home here, we have fire, flood and earthquake insurance................Make it easy for ya salty. You can get almost everything here that you can in the States. Except a good Carne Asada burrito :1 (103):  :th_unfair: .

But seriously not to make light of it and don't hesitate to ask you can most likely sit down and make a list of all those little things that make life go around there in the states, from government rules and regulations down to being told that the cable guy will be there sometime between 1pm and 7pm and its the same here.

To be honest my life style has not change at all with some minor exceptions and none of those really detracts from the quality of life here.

Bottom line is that if you got the cash you can get it. :cheersty:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I would like information on the availability of Home Owners Insurance in the RP.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Carl

1 company I have seen info is MALAYAN.(check spelling)

also w/BPI they have an offer w/1 pf their subsidiary.

their is HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE available but you ...must ...look... around  ....

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Do you mean the

/house

/or the things in it?

I asume Pag-Ibig  (=a big loan giver to house owners in Phils) demand insurance of the HOUSE to give loans. Perhaps they can recomend some. 

jon1
Posted
Posted

BPI and PNB do underwrite insurance policies for structure (Acts of God, fire, earthquake, etc.) and contents (even theft). It can cost anywhere from 8000p-16000p annually depending on the bank and location.

• Like 1