Package Forwarding Services

MikeB
Posted
Posted

After having pretty good service from my-shoppingbox.com for the past 3 years I have had several delayed shipments in the past couple of months. If anyone has first-hand experience with any air forwarders and can recommend one I would appreciate it. Not looking for a Balikbayan service. Thanks.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Did they give you the port congestion excuse?? :1 (103):

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The problem is in their Burbank office, from the time they receive it till it's approved (paid) and prepped for shipment. Once it's "in transit" out of the US it gets here pretty fast. 

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
After having pretty good service from my-shoppingbox.com for the past 3 years

could you share w/us the experience and the cost that you have had shipping such goods?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Just go to the web site, it has all the info on costs. I've already shared my experience - it was good, now it isn't. They say they're working on correcting the problem but I'm looking for other options.

Gator
Posted
Posted

I presume due to cost issues you don't want to use companies like FedEx, UPS or DHL? 

For decades I've used Hellman Worldwide Logistics for shipping various automotive parts and test vehicles to/from USA/Europe/South America and Asia. Generally they are competitive with their rates and I never had an issue with customer service; only once did I have an issue with customs clearance of a test car from Germany as one of their agents failed to include something that caused a two day delay - they ate the extra costs which were substantial.  

They have an office near LAX in Carson, I dealt with a Ms. Birgit Gross there, she's in Defense Operations Manager, so depending the type of product(s) you're shipping you may need to contact someone else, but she may be a good starting point.

Btw, they are partnered with Orient Freight International in the Phils.

http://www.hellmann.net/en/united_states/

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

I use Bayanihan Cargo http://www.filipino.com out of South San Francisco. They can combine packages and ship as one or individually. They can ship packages via air (gets to my door in 2 weeks) if it meets airline guidelines or sea (takes about 8-9 weeks to get to my door). Naturally the air is more costly. The rates listed on their web site are out of date but I have shipped large packages for a fair amount via sea (I shipped a 100lb charcoal grill for $100). They seem to be shipping via sea every week. I only pay once (via credit card) and the deliverer has never asked for any type of fee.

Edited by jon1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Gator and Jon1, thanks very much for your recommendations, I will check them out. The good thing about my-shoppingbox.com is that for the $25 annual fee they take customs out of it. There are no customs fees or any holdup there, I don't know how they do it but they do and the fee is pretty reasonable if it's a small item. The packages are delivered locally to me by either LBC or Air21, I've never had a problem there either. The problem is at the Burbank office. Thanks again.

• Like 2