Ok! So Lets See What Happens Now?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

President appoints new chief BI

Manila - President Benigno Aquino III has  named the lawyer Gilberto Repizo  the new Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner. Repizo replaces Fred Victory Mison, who took over in December last year the post of chief from BI. MIB 12/08/2014 -

Hmmmmmmmmm They change the BOI Chief more times than a Lady changes her panty's each December  :dance: 

JP :unsure:  :tiphat: 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Was there any mention of why?  I can only hope the new guy keeps the goods (3 years on a tourist visa) and throws out the bad (too much paperwork)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Was there any mention of why?

nothing I can substantiate at this time but  seems Mr President had an inbox full of complaints. ( now there is something I can believe as one of them was from me.) [ no answer of course but a registered vote is what counts. :)

I am still trying to get some more information and will post as and when I can get anything.

JP

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I saw the BI site on FB. When Mison was promoted to Commissioner, his old post was vacant. This new person is now Mison's new assistant commissioner. It says:

BI WELCOMES NEW ASSOCIATE COMMISSIONER

Manila, Philippines---President Aquino has appointed Atty. Gilberto U. Repizo as the new associate commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration.

Repizo filled in the position vacated by then Associate Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison who was appointed as commissioner in December last year.

“We welcome Assoc. Comm. Repizo to our BI family. The Board of Commissioners and the rest of our personnel look forward to working with him in the coming days”, said Mison.

In an interview with the BI media team, Repizo said that he is “happy to be back and see former colleagues” at his home at the BI. He served as a technical assistant to then Associate Commissioner Jose Lopez from 1996 to 1998.

Asked about his immediate plans for the BI, Repizo said that he will discuss any policy initiation that he has in mind with the Board of Commissioners to come up with a collective policy.

“I am guided by what the Secretary of Justice De Lima told me when I took my oath. She said, ‘you have barely 2 years in office, do the right thing’. I think if I follow that directive I’ll never get lost. Along the way, I can contribute my inputs to the good program of the Commissioner”, Repizo said.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hmmm nice one Steve but I do find this phrase ambiguous, to me Assistant is Assistant, Associate means a whole lot of Difference. 

odd how things can change from one Web Site to another.

I now sit and wonder what is happening up there in Manila, left hand, right hand comes to mind  :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Hmmm nice one Steve but I do find this phrase ambiguous, to me Assistant is Assistant, Associate means a whole lot of Difference. 

odd how things can change from one Web Site to another.

I now sit and wonder what is happening up there in Manila, left hand, right hand comes to mind  :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

Sorry Jack. Assistant is my word not BI. FB story stands.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

When a political office is being investigated the strategy to save face and his a@@ is to move him to another office.  His replacement will have a valid reason to play ignorant to what happened before he took office, and the cycle continues.

• Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted

makes me thankful that I am on a BB stamp this year :)  :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

makes me thankful that I am on a BB stamp this year

lets all hope that the BOI and the "Tourist Board"  don't start getting together and begin messing with this. I heard the other day that Customs is murmuring about BB box inspections again 

source; Wifes Uncle, a Customs officer at Cebu port.

JP