Any Diabetic/low-Carb Friendly Restaurants In Cebu?

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

Aloha Kakou! Do any of you lovely Cebu folks know of any diabetic or low-carb friendly restaurants in Cebu? My mom and I are visiting dear ole Sugbu soon and as a diabetic, I'm a bit worried about eating out in there, considering the fact that (if memory serves correctly) the smoothie lady at the mall added sugar to a condensed milk-sweetened "healthy" fruit smoothie. Filipino food often has hidden sugar in it :( Do you know of any restaurants that are on the healthy side and with a chef that's not obsessed by the evil white stuff? A vegetarian restaurant perhaps, or a grill joint that doesn't use 7-Up as part of a marinade? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The only suggestion I have is go to the Canvas Restaurant at Ayala mall, talk to the owner/chef who is Aussie and tell him your needs. I think he opened a second restaurant but cant remember where but maybe phone him to ensure he will be there.

https://www.facebook.com/CanvasBistroBarGallery

• Like 1

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

Thanks, JGF! This place looks amazing! It even has an art gallery :)

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

On Mango Avenue by mango square is a place called Marshalls it is run by an Irish Canadian he should be able to help you. It is opposite Chowking, same side and a few doors away  from National bookstore. By the diplomat Hotel is a Thai restaurant Mai Krua and up the road (mango)between National bookstore and the gas station is another place which sells Thai ,Indian and I think Malaysian food.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Aloha Kakou! Do any of you lovely Cebu folks know of any diabetic or low-carb friendly restaurants in Cebu? My mom and I are visiting dear ole Sugbu soon and as a diabetic, I'm a bit worried about eating out in there, considering the fact that (if memory serves correctly) the smoothie lady at the mall added sugar to a condensed milk-sweetened "healthy" fruit smoothie. Filipino food often has hidden sugar in it :( Do you know of any restaurants that are on the healthy side and with a chef that's not obsessed by the evil white stuff? A vegetarian restaurant perhaps, or a grill joint that doesn't use 7-Up as part of a marinade? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

There is a small french resto which would probably suit you. I am close to a vegetarian and eat there often. 

Situated just up from Cebu docs, probably easiest is upper Jones about 200 meters before Capitol, strip mall with Jolibee on the entrance. Not cheap but excellent.

• Like 1