Globe Problems - Continued

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The last couple of weeks my DSL connection has been practically unusable. Many times a day I get "Connecting" and it will usually time out. The modem appears normal and rebooting it usually does not help. All devices have the same problem. I can trace the packets and it appears the problem is with the Globe routers or switches. In the early morning hours it seems to be ok but around 7:30am it goes to hell. Now (8:15am) it's fine. I suspect network traffic is causing it. It's not a matter of speed, the damn thing just intermittently doesn't work at all and I don't think calling Globe is going to help matters. If anyone else has Globe DSL I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike the last time I used globe I had to go to the office and kick up a fuss over the same problem. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike the last time I used globe I had to go to the office and kick up a fuss over the same problem. 

:hystery: So i guess No text from them to wish you a MERRY XMAS? :mocking:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Have globe also in metro manila. noticed poor service at times, rebooted seemed to work ok, then happen again. I went down and got a high quality router plugged it into the globe router and all seems well. Having said that I have notice low connection but opposite time. around 7-8 pm as if they turned down the juice for a while. Or it might just be the wife with her damn Skype :1 (103):

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Which office?

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks Scott, but I don't think the problem is with my home equipment. When I see the problem and trace the data it's leaving my router ok and stopping on one of the globe routers out on their network. Not much I can do about that.  Anyone can test this, just open a command prompt and type tracert www.philippines-expats.com (or any url). 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Since I have put the Ethernet lead through the Cisco WiFi Router, the pulse signal seems stronger.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

kim Jong is having the same issues  :)

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
just open a command prompt and type tracert www.philippines-expats.com (or any url).

ok,,,,you lost me lololol,,,I know how to use a mouse and the on/off button :morning1: and that's about it. All I can say is my connection seems to be better now...

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

just open a command prompt and type tracert www.philippines-expats.com (or any url).

ok,,,,you lost me lololol,,,I know how to use a mouse and the on/off button :morning1: and that's about it. All I can say is my connection seems to be better now...

Click on the widows icon, look at right side menu and click Run, you then see this, post-1-0-12630800-1419478071_thumb.jpg Easy  :thumbsup: Or open all programs, accessories , command prompt.

• Like 1