Traffic In Dumaguete On Boxing Day

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I thought Traffic in Dumaguete on Boxing Day might be ok so I headed to MacDonalds for a bite of supper at 5:30 pm.  The traffic was as bad as a normal workday, even though many businesses were closed.  Oh well, thats Philippines I thought.

I took a seat by the window and watched the traffic.  All those tricycles.  Those tricycle drivers all came to work like a normal workday so all the traffic was made up of tricycle drivers going up and down the streets . . .  There were hundreds of them . . . . and I counted 7 out of 10 of them empty.  Its more fun here.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Traffic in Davao was light yesterday Dec 26. Everyone must have spent all their money on presents. If I remember right, back in the states the malls are very busy with gifts being returned and exchanged. Then, the SALES crowds. "It's more fun in the Philippines".

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

I left Dumaguete last Wednesday, horrendous traffic, people going to Lee Plaza were queued way way down the street. never seen it like that. Wanted to over night but way to buy.

Stupid as caught in in a terrible rain storm about 120km north, impossible to drive so had a 1 hour sit in car  until eased up.

Left Dumaguete at 4pm, should of stayed in the lovely old La Playa hotel Bias city.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

It was funny seeing Chooks to Go with full stock. I thought of going back and haggle with them, half price each for two birds or they could eat them all or throw them out because anyone so poor that they don't have leftovers on Christmas can't afford Chooks to Go! As for traffic, I just got what I needed [staple gun and got out]. Traffic looked normal for 1 PM weekday leading up to Christmas to me.

• Like 1