Biden: U.s. Won't Stand In Way Of Israel On Iran Nukes

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

While I know this story is not about the Philippines, this could affect the world and therefore the Philippines, so I thought it might be good for members to be aware of. Note the dates.Sunday, July 05, 2009 Biden: U.S. Won't Stand in Way of Israel on Iran NukesThe vice president says the Jewish nation has to do what's in its best interest as a sovereign nation, but the U.S. does too, and those two interests may clash if Israel goes after Iran's nuclear sites. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/05...ael-iran-nukes/Israeli sub said armed with nuclear-capable torpedoes navigates Suez CanalDEBKAfile Special ReportJuly 3, 2009, 8:01 PM (GMT+02:00) Dophin-class submarineThe Dolphin-class attack submarine is reported to be the first Israeli naval vessel to transit the Suez Canal in four years on its way from Haifa to Eilat last month. According to DEBKAfile's military sources, the move indicates a strengthening of the informal Israel-Egyptian-Saudi pact forged in recent months against Iran and first revealed by our sources. The three Middle East nations have opted for an Iran policy which is separate from the track pursued by US president Barack Obama. According to foreign military sources, the Israeli Dolphins are stationed in the Mediterranean, the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean opposite Iran's shores. They are said to be armed with torpedo tubes capable of launching nuclear-capable cruise missiles.To transit the Suez Canal, the armed submarine would have required Egyptian permission at the highest level, possibly even President Hosni Mubarak. An official in Cairo told Reuters that its passage would not be problematic as Egypt and Israel are not at war. This noncommittal response indicates that Egypt has no objection to Israeli military craft passing through the canal on their way to the Red Sea and on to the Persian Gulf in case of a decision to strike Iran. The alternative would be a voyage of weeks around the Horn of Africa.Our military sources report that since the Israel Navy lost the Dakar submarine near Greece in 1968, all Israeli subs are armed when they move out of harbor. Disclosure of the Israeli sub's passage through the Suez Canal last month is rated by our sources as of high regional significance, over and above the Middle East diplomatic moves afoot.http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=6163

Edited by Mr. Lee

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Israel has very little choice. Do or die. The muslims are out breeding the rest of the world by up to 8 to 1 ratio. If you look at the past 50 years of Rhodesia and South Africa from a population stand point of # of whites vs blacks and the population growth of each, you can map the governmental change in power and then use the same formula to see the fate of Israel. Now, this is not a political point of view nor any comment on which government was better at running the country, just a simple history lesson in population growth. We all have been raised under the 'majority rules' thinking. If Israel does nothing, then the non jewish population will gain more and more seats in government and sooner or later, vote out the jews and make more and more restrictive laws. All perfectly legal. Without a shot fired. Israel is no more. If Israel does 'something', then they will be called all kinds of Hitler / genocide related names. In reality, the rest of the world might benefit if Israel does 'something' as they would take the heat, Iran would not then be able to attack other countries, which in the long run, makes the world a safer place. Interesting thing about the jews.... I don't ever remember hearing about them wanting to take over the world or to kill all non jews...... But I can't say that same thing about the fine people of Iran. From a historical note.... just 30 years ago there was the Shah of Iran in power. Not a perfect guy, but progressive in thinking, progressive in treatment of women.... But Noooo, he was not what the muslims wanted. Too nice of a guy! Mass public demonstrations against free thinking and the non muslim world. So in came the ayatolla Kohemeni (spl?) who clamped down on the population and reversed the progressive policies of the Shah.... 30 years of being told who to talk to, where to eat, what to eat, when to pray, where to go and the constant threat of prison if you don't comply. Now 30 years later...... more mass demonstrations and the people of Iran want to end the existing restrictive rule. They WANT more freedoms..... Can you imagine! Had freedoms, did not want them, lost freedoms and now want them back. You just can't please some people! All in all, I am not sure that Israel going after the nukes in Iran is such a bad thing. As for the people of the Philippines.... when I was there, no problems. No one was offended if I did not eat any fish heads. Not one conversation did I hear about the general christian population wanting to take over the world or to kill all non christians.Maybe the people of Iran could learn a few things from the Pinoys of the world.....

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK, I posted this thread because of how the world and specifically the Philippines may be affected if any country starts tossing around nuclear weapons at the other, the unrest that may arise in the south of the Philippines and how that may affect the rest of the Philippines, so please be sure to keep all posts in that direction, and let us not get political or insult any races. As far as I see, Bruce's post was possibly right on the edge but was stating facts, so everyone should please be careful to keep this thread none political.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Intelligence agencies from various countries are destabilizing other governments. Some governments are destabilizing their own nation through deliberate destructive manipulation of their economy. Chaos and tough times are coming everywhere. Things will get much worse. I would not be surprised to see World War III start sometime in the next few years. The use of nuclear weapons is also a probability.

Travis
Posted
Posted
Intelligence agencies from various countries are destabilizing other governments. Some governments are destabilizing their own nation through deliberate destructive manipulation of their economy. Chaos and tough times are coming everywhere. Things will get much worse. I would not be surprised to see World War III start sometime in the next few years. The use of nuclear weapons is also a probability.
:thats-funny: I hope not